Vacation Quest and Mystery PI

This is a public forum. Discuss your favorite games here that do not fall into any of the other categories. If a game is popular enough, we will add its own forum category.

Vacation Quest and Mystery PI

Postby MelodyOkie » February 8th, 2015, 8:53 pm

I love the Pop Cap games. Terry and I have a collection of 7 of them and play them over and over. I had fully intended to purchase whatever they had prior to EA's purchase of the franchise. However, life happens and I didn't get it done.
Well - I thought I could just go ahead now and get those that we don't have yet. Prior to the EA purchase of the franchise, you could actually buy a physical Disc and they were very inexpensive. You could find them even at Walmart, etc. for around $4 or $5 and then we could both install them on our individual computers. They would install entirely on our computer and did not require the disc then to run them.

Well - EA has changed all that. Now they are dl only through Origin and that means for our 2 computers you would have to purchase the same game twice. Now, if that were not bad enough.... you have to be logged into Origin to play them. And if that were not bad enough ... I decided to do just one because we know EA and Origin and we know they probably messed up these games. So I dl and install one I don't have but wanted. Can I play it? No, of course not.

Bugs.jpg
Bugs.jpg (157.39 KiB) Viewed 191 times

They have added something that we probably don't want on our computers. Spyware - something that tries to get into places on the computer it doesn't belong. The game won't even come up and well .... if our computer protection service doesn't like it - then we don't like it. Another EA Fail ... messing up fun games.

So, we will just continue to play the ones we do have that we bought before EA got involved and messed it all up.

:yikes:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Vacation Quest and Mystery PI

Postby lindawing » February 8th, 2015, 11:33 pm

Sheesh! Stupid EA!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Return to General Gaming Discussion