Pineapple Pie

One of the "crafting" things we like to do is cooking! This is a public forum where we share our recipes. Feel free to create a new topic anytime you have something NUMMY to share!

Pineapple Pie

Postby MelodyOkie » June 17th, 2017, 12:04 pm

Pineapple Pie:

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 cup crushed pineapple
3 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
1 unbaked pie shell

Directions:
Beat together all ingredients.
Pour into unbaked pie shell and bake 50 minutes in 350 degree oven or until it sets and is brown.

Super Delicious!!
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Pineapple Pie

Postby lindawing » June 17th, 2017, 2:58 pm

How simple! I am definitely going to try this! Everyone here loves pineapple. Thanks, Melody! :joy:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » June 17th, 2017, 3:32 pm

It is the first pie or anything I've baked that has actually turned out in a very long time! I love pineapple as well. :yeah:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » June 17th, 2017, 6:48 pm

Doing this next week. I can hardly wait!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » June 18th, 2017, 12:17 am

I really liked it! I hope you and your family do as well. :friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » June 18th, 2017, 3:26 am

Decided to do it tomorrow. Having David pick up the pineapple and two ready-made, unbaked pie shells. I have everything else. I can bake them in my little convection oven. Can hardly wait!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » June 18th, 2017, 12:29 pm

:joy:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ukpoppyberry » June 18th, 2017, 6:01 pm

This sounds very easy for something so yummy sounding! I've just made Alex a birthday Banoffee pie today, he's not a huge cake fan, so usually just requests a dessert! He's had Apple crumble in previous years! Also your peach cobbler became quite a family favorite Melody! I've made it quite a few times and it always goes down very well, very scrummy and easy to prepare!
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » June 18th, 2017, 8:31 pm

Oh, I've not had my peach cobbler in a long time. I may have to make that for the 4th of July!! I'm so glad you and your family enjoy it!!

A note on my pie. Although it can be eaten warm or cold and I like it both ways, I've found it is much more delicious hot! :)
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » June 19th, 2017, 2:31 am

Hi, Lisa! ;-)

Well...I didn't get the pie done earlier, due to working hard to FINALLY get the deep piles of paperwork done (just finished) after my extended time away.

David didn't buy two unbaked pie shells, but got two cracker-crust pie shells. So I have to make pie dough and make the pie. I'm just headed back to my kitchenette to start it, as soon as I'm done here. Just going to make one pie this time. If it goes over like I think it will, I'll make a couple the next time.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » June 20th, 2017, 1:14 pm

:friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » June 20th, 2017, 5:02 pm

The pie was delicious! I didn't roll out the dough...was pretty tired by then. I just patted it into the pie pan. Baked it in my (not-so) little convection oven, while we were eating dinner.

I hadn't thought about it, because I LOVE pineapple, but I have had some reactions to pineapple over the past year or so. Yesterday my thighs and feet were swollen, for the first time in a long time. Not only had I had pie, but I had put the rest of the opened can in my salad yesterday morning. By late afternoon, the swelling had increased. I poured in water the rest of yesterday, and through the night, and had hardly any swelling this morning. There's a little, but not bad. Will keep drinking water and other liquids heavily, throughout the day. I know I'm fairly well hydrated already, because my lips aren't dry, so that's good, at least.

So...probably, for me, at least, that's the last of pineapple pie, but I totally LOVED it...what a treat!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » June 20th, 2017, 6:42 pm

Ice cream has started doing that to both Terry and I. We seem to have become "lactose intolerant". I have been so addicted to my Blue Bunny Salted Caramel Craze that I had to have it every night regardless of what it was doing to me. But 10 pounds later and swollen, upset stomach, very high blood pressure, etc. I've had to give it up - very reluctantly. Nothing should taste so good that I am willing to put up with really bad side effects - but that does! And it is painful to do without it now. I am in withdrawal..... :uhhuh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » June 21st, 2017, 3:18 am

Oh, my goodness! I know exactly what you mean. The hardest thing for me, all my life, is not eating foods that I've really, really, REALLY loved! I've been such a foodie! These days, both David and I are having to really keep things simple, but at least we're still here! So there! :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » June 21st, 2017, 12:51 pm

And so happy you are!! :yeah: :uhhuh: :friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to Nummy Stuff