Low FODMAP Diet

One of the "crafting" things we like to do is cooking! This is a public forum where we share our recipes. Feel free to create a new topic anytime you have something NUMMY to share!

Low FODMAP Diet

Postby Freggi » October 7th, 2015, 12:33 pm

Ladies I'm looking for good recipes for this diet. ;-) I have a severe wheat intolerance become to my rheumatism. It would be nice If you have some recips for me.. Thanks in advance , hugs Liz :)
:) Be respectful to Others,
even if they're not respectful to YOU...
----------------
Freggi
Infant
Infant

Re: Low FODMAP Diet

Postby ukpoppyberry » October 7th, 2015, 3:29 pm

I've not heard of FODMAP before, it seems like cheese and meats are good, anything with chicken, cheese and bacon or ham always seems to be delicious, try chicken with grilled bacon and cheese on top, also found this site that has lots of yummy looking stuff http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/collect ... et+recipes, sorry if you've already seen it, good luck x
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » October 7th, 2015, 8:12 pm

Looking through the list HERE, I thought of at least one recipe you might like, which is especially good this time of year.

Pumpkin Soup

Ingredients

3/4 cup water, divided
Salt to taste (I use Real Salt)
1/2 cup diced bell peppers, zucchini, bok choy, or other acceptable vegetable (replacing onions)
2 finely-chopped green onion tops, if you want the onion flavor--the greens are OK
1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree (or roast or steam a pumpkin and mash the pulp)
2 cups unsalted chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup almond or rice milk (or regular milk if you're not doing the lactose-free part of the diet)
1/8 teaspoon black pepper (or use some cayenne or chili powder, according to your taste)

In a large saucepan, heat 1/4 cup water over medium heat, with the salt. Add vegies and cook until tender but still moist (or saute them lightly in a small amount of butter--which would be OK on the diet).

Add remaining water, pumpkin, broth, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the "milk" and cook until hot. Don't boil.

Ladle soup into warmed bowls and garnish with the pepper or other spice.

Serve immediately.

Variations
You can add any type of already-cooked, diced meat to the vegies, at the beginning. Chicken or shrimp are particularly nice with the pumpkin flavor.

Also, you can garnish with some sour cream or Greek yogurt. Either one should be OK (as with a small amount of cream cheese), even if you're on the lactose-free diet, due to the beneficial bacteria in the soured products.

If you like tofu (which they say you can have, too, in small amounts), then you could add some diced or cubed tofu near the end of the cooking process.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » October 7th, 2015, 8:21 pm

Here's another product I use to replace wheat flour sometimes. It's great for use in thickeners for soups, stews, puddings, etc. It is garbanzo beans, but that type of bean has a very low possibility of giving you a problem, and it's much better for you than wheat of any type.

Garbanzo Bean Flour
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Freggi » October 8th, 2015, 8:26 am

Great thanks Poppy and Linda for the helpful input. :friends: Yes it is a bit complicated this diet, all food products are marked with smileys on my list. A green smiley means you must eat it. A red means no that's not good. "STOP"

But how can I still create a recipe from the few food ?! You showed me valuable sides thanks again.. :hi: :joy:
:) Be respectful to Others,
even if they're not respectful to YOU...
----------------
Freggi
Infant
Infant

Postby ukpoppyberry » October 8th, 2015, 8:45 pm

:friends:
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » October 8th, 2015, 11:40 pm

If you can post a list of your red foods, I can help you find foods to replace them, if you'd like. I know it seems overwhelming at first, but once you find replacements, it's not so daunting. :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Nummy Stuff