Cheesy Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole

One of the "crafting" things we like to do is cooking! This is a public forum where we share our recipes. Feel free to create a new topic anytime you have something NUMMY to share!

Cheesy Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole

Postby Meadow9259 » June 20th, 2015, 4:43 pm

I just made this recipe for the first time (and just now finished scarfing it down), and I absolutely loved it.

http://www.mccormick.com/Recipes/Brunch ... -Casserole

It did take forever to prepare and cook, which is why it's nearly noon and I just now finished eating. :uhhuh: The time it took to cook the hash brown patties and let them cool the 5 minutes was exactly how long it took me to prep the rest of the ingredients so they were ready to pour over exactly as the 5 minute cooldown they stated was up. (Since when do things time that well - is that legal? lol)

Of course, things like this aren't exactly very healthy, and I'm supposed to be on a diet to boot - but I only have about a pound left to lose, so I think I deserve to treat myself with one casserole. ;-) Of course, the dieting for four + months might have possibly contributed to how good it tasted... :yeah:
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Re: Cheesy Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole

Postby MelodyOkie » June 20th, 2015, 5:49 pm

It does sound wonderfully yummy!!!
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » June 21st, 2015, 2:37 am

Judi made basically that same thing a few nights ago, except she used tater tots! It was utterly delicious!!! :joy:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby BujoGamer1971 » June 23rd, 2015, 11:16 pm

Looks delicious! I do something similar but use shredded hash browns instead. The hash browns are used from the frozen state so no need to cook them first. I brown sausage and then toss it with the hash browns and cheese. Put that in the casserole dish and then mix milk eggs and some flour and pour it over the top and bake for about an hour. Not good for you but its good to eat lol.
BujoGamer1971
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby MelodyOkie » June 23rd, 2015, 11:31 pm

That sounds like it would be the perfect breakfast when company comes! I wonder if it would be ok to make ahead and then just pop into the oven in the morning? It really does sound good!! My husband would love the addition of the sausage. :yeah:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby BujoGamer1971 » June 23rd, 2015, 11:46 pm

I make it ahead and leave it in the fridge all the time. I actually do it for dinner a lot and make it in the morning. I have not tried freezing it yet uncooked as I am not sure how the cheese and milk would do.

For 6 people ( my one daughter does not eat meat) I do one bag of hash browns with onions and peppers already in them. 2 pounds of sausage, 4 cups of cheese. Then for the egg mixture I use either 6 large eggs or 12 small ones, about a cup of flour and 3 or 4 cups of milk. Enough of the milk mixture to just cover the hash browns, sausage and cheese. I bake it at about 400 for an hour and check to see if the eggs are done.

For my daughter I reserve some of the hash browns and cheese and mix with fake ground beef or mushrooms and put it in muffin cups and cover with eggs, milk and flour since she does not eat meat. It only takes muffin cups 10 to 15 minutes to cook.

All the ingredients are approximate as I am so used to just tossing it together. I use a lasagna pan to cook it in.
BujoGamer1971
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » June 24th, 2015, 12:12 am

Cool variations!!! :joy:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » June 24th, 2015, 1:00 am

That sounds like it would work perfectly for us!! Thank you!! :joy:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ukpoppyberry » June 24th, 2015, 3:27 pm

wow...you honestly cannot go wrong with any type of cheese, onion and bacon combo, it's like the trinity of taste, that looks absolutely delicious!
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Nummy Stuff