Butter Pecan Apple Bake

One of the "crafting" things we like to do is cooking! This is a public forum where we share our recipes. Feel free to create a new topic anytime you have something NUMMY to share!

Butter Pecan Apple Bake

Postby lindawing » December 12th, 2014, 10:03 pm

My friend from Alaska posted this recipe to her FB page today. It looks VERY easy, and from what others have said, it's also VERY yummy!

ButterPecanAppleBake.jpg
ButterPecanAppleBake.jpg (39.41 KiB) Viewed 463 times

2 cans apple pie filling
Butter Pecan cake mix
Sprinkle dry cake mix over apples
Sprinkle a small amount of brown sugar
Add pecans
Cut small slices of butter and place several over the top.
You can add cinnamon if you like
Bake @ 350 for 45 min or so

I'm going to substitute a drizzle of honey on top, just before the butter (instead of the brown sugar). I'll probably add the cinnamon, too.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Butter Pecan Apple Bake

Postby lindawing » December 24th, 2014, 8:57 pm

Making this as dessert for today's Christmas dinner.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ukpoppyberry » January 7th, 2015, 1:04 pm

wow...looks delish!
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » January 8th, 2015, 3:02 am

I meant to come back here and comment. It didn't turn out that well. I did everything EXACTLY as written. I didn't even use the honey--just used brown sugar. It would have gone better with the honey, I think. There wasn't enough liquid in the apple pie filling to make it boil up and bring in the cake mix. Most of the cake mix was just dry on top (toasted, but dry), even though we gave it an extra 20 minutes in the oven.

I think they missed an ingredient & step. I think it would have worked if a small amount of water had been added to the top, after the cake mix went in, perhaps. I might try it another time, doing that. I ate three helpings of the stuff. It was delicious...but...it wasn't what shows in the picture here. by the time I got my second helping (Christmas Day), the dry mix had begun to incorporate into the pie filling, which by then just made dough. On the next day I had my third serving--just before I started logging calories again the next day. It was even doughier and probably in danger of becoming yeasty and spoiling. I threw the rest out so I wouldn't be tempted to just put it back into the oven to see what would happen! :-(
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Nummy Stuff