Pineapple Pie

One of the "crafting" things we like to do is cooking! This is a public forum where we share our recipes. Feel free to create a new topic anytime you have something NUMMY to share!

Re: Pineapple Pie

Postby lindawing » June 21st, 2017, 4:17 pm

And vice versa! :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » June 21st, 2017, 6:19 pm

:friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ukpoppyberry » June 29th, 2017, 8:14 pm

Jason and I are also lactose intolerant, have been for very many years, luckily I love soya milk, so I'm quite happy with my drinks and cereal but sometimes do indulge and I can get away with a bit of dairy especially cream and cheese aa they are higher fat so less lactose, however icecream is wonderful, but not so good, I particularly like Ben and Jerry's peanut butter cup, yum!
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » June 29th, 2017, 10:17 pm

Terry has become even more intolerant than me! It may be due to some meds he is on. So we have a freezer full of ice cream that neither of us can eat. Luckily, it's summer and the grandsons come round more often - so they get to eat a lot of ice cream. :yeah:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » June 30th, 2017, 12:29 am

I used to have some mild lactose problems, years ago, but interestingly, over the years, that has gotten better. One thing that I've always loved, instead, has been frozen yogurt. I stay away from most anything, anymore, because of the sugar. Since we were out and about for my medical appointment yesterday, and close to Ortonville, MN (which is just over the Minnesota border from us...about 10 miles away), we stopped by the Dairy Queen there, and ordered Blizzards.

These are the two being featured right now. David had the one on the left, and I had the one on the right...oh...my...word!

https://www.dairyqueen.com/us-en/Menu/T ... echange=1&

I greedily ate all of mine, since it was early in the day, but David only ate about half of his. He has been really, really good about his foods since the surgery. I'm hugely proud of him!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » June 30th, 2017, 12:48 am

We used to always have a Blizzard on our trips. I love Blizzards! I also have a hard time passing up the Salted Caramel!! The best one that I really loved was a frozen yogurt Salted Caramel Craze. The store I got it at, however, has never restocked. So - the closest to it was the Blue Bunny Salted Caramel Craze. However, I was showing my love for it in inches and weight - so I've had to make myself stop buying it.... I close my eyes when we pass down that isle where I know it is. :uhhuh: Maybe, when I am able to lose the extra inches and pounds, I will treat myself. I am more than willing to accept the punishment of the bloating and stomach ache from the lactose issue, just to enjoy the heavenly creaminess and delicious taste of a bowl full of Blue Bunny Salted Caramel Craze .... :yeah:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » June 30th, 2017, 4:33 am

I love Blue Bunny anything, pretty much! Now I'm already hungry for ice cream again! I rarely, rarely, rarely eat it, because it's so addictive once I start...sigh.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » June 30th, 2017, 7:03 pm

:friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ukpoppyberry » July 5th, 2017, 4:47 pm

I could drink caramel, in fact I may like a little ice cream on my caramel :rotfl:
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » July 5th, 2017, 6:24 pm

:loveit:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » July 5th, 2017, 7:13 pm

:lol: :grin: