HILLCREST--The World--DOWNLOAD

I (lindawing) made this world for Wendy (and for us, her loving friends) shortly before she passed away. She got to see it, but never got to play it. The world only contains subway lots, but there is a space for every Sims 3 lot that Wendy had on her website (all of which can be downloaded here, in the Sims Real Estate forum), and also space for the tribute lots we created for Wendy before she passed away. This is a public forum.

HILLCREST--The World--DOWNLOAD

Postby lindawing » May 2nd, 2014, 10:39 pm

I made this world for Wendy (and for us, her loving friends) shortly before she passed away. She got to see it, but never got to play it. There is a space for every Sims 3 lot that Wendy had on her website (all of which can be downloaded HERE, in the Sims Real Estate forum), and also space for the TRIBUTE lots we created for Wendy before she passed away (which can be downloaded HERE. Wendy made some special lots for Meadow, that can be found HERE. Additionally, I've made a few community lots for the hilltop area, to round out the ones Wendy had already made. They can be downloaded HERE.

This is a corrected version of the world. The first version had a pattern incorporated into it, which could only be deleted from the game if the world itself was deleted, so I removed the download. I was finally able to figure out exactly where that pattern was coming from. In the process, I deleted all lots except for the small subway lots that I built for the world when creating it. So you will have to add any or all of Wendy's lots on your own.

There are a number of empty community lots around the world, so that you can add things that you need for your Sims' community living.

When I corrected the world, I tagged the Creekside Gym placeholder with "--TRIBUTE," which it is not. It is one of Wendy's own lots. Also, when the gym is placed, the lot becomes "No Visitors Allowed." Just change the lot type to "Gym," and all will be well. The placeholder name can't be changed, but that's no biggie, really.

Please be aware that some of the lots may need some alterations to work in this world. Wendy created them in many different worlds, and they ground levels don't always work correctly. You should be familiar with that from your own gameplay by now. As I go through and add all the lots to my own new saved world, now, I'll be looking for those lots, and will upload corrected versions HERE, to help you out, if you don't know how to do it yourself.

When I corrected the world to free it from the pattern, I did NOT go in and look for all the new plants, fish, etc. So there are spawners that are NOT embedded in this world, that your Sims may need, for collections and skills. You can just add those spawners to some empty lots, or to their home lots, or to some community lots where they might go.

If you find a lot that needs correction, in the meantime, please feel free to request a renovation in a reply in this topic, and I'll take care of it as soon as I can.

Here are photos of the empty world.
Hillcrest-A-Heights.jpg
Hillcrest-A-Heights.jpg (380.4 KiB) Viewed 627 times

Hillcrest-B-Lowlands.jpg
Hillcrest-B-Lowlands.jpg (351.07 KiB) Viewed 627 times

Hillcrest-C-Lowlands.jpg
Hillcrest-C-Lowlands.jpg (367.7 KiB) Viewed 627 times

Hillcrest-D-Lowlands.jpg
Hillcrest-D-Lowlands.jpg (370.62 KiB) Viewed 627 times

Hillcrest-E-Lowlands.jpg
Hillcrest-E-Lowlands.jpg (373.81 KiB) Viewed 627 times

Hillcrest-F-Lowlands.jpg
Hillcrest-F-Lowlands.jpg (350.52 KiB) Viewed 627 times

Hillcrest-G-Lowlands.jpg
Hillcrest-G-Lowlands.jpg (340.3 KiB) Viewed 627 times

Hillcrest-H-Lowlands.jpg
Hillcrest-H-Lowlands.jpg (343.6 KiB) Viewed 627 times

Hillcrest-I-Lowlands.jpg
Hillcrest-I-Lowlands.jpg (337.37 KiB) Viewed 627 times

I've also created some area picture maps to show where the lots should be placed in the different areas, which you can find 'url=http://www.neighborlysimscraft.com/NSC/viewtopic.php?f=118&t=2035]HERE[/url].

NOTE: The world starts out running very smoothy. As you add lots, though, it is going to get slower and slower. It WILL play, but the better your computer is, the better it will work. You may end up with nothing but a showcase. It might be more practical to make several versions, and only put in a small variety of the lots in any one save, if you really want to use it for playing.

DOWNLOAD HILLCREST
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Re: HILLCREST--The World--DOWNLOAD

Postby Meadow9259 » May 2nd, 2014, 11:01 pm

I'm glad you were finally able to get the world cleaned up, Linda. :friends:
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Re: HILLCREST--The World--DOWNLOAD

Postby lindawing » May 3rd, 2014, 2:14 am