DEVELOPMENT - Skytasia Lite/Skypheria

This SKY world has been based on Skytasia, but is built on a smaller map. This world is no yet completed. This is a public forum.

Moderator: Meadow9259

Re: DEVELOPMENT - Skytasia Lite/Skypheria

Postby MelodyOkie » June 25th, 2014, 7:55 pm

Just a note. Meadow, the problem patterns all came from that TSR tool. Because of it, I don't trust it at all. I think you know that I feel the same as you when it comes to cc. Don't want it in my game. I do use the "EA" CaP tool because it was created by EA specifically for the game and I love it! I've had no problems at all with it, nor any problems with my patterns. I have accidentally dl'd another's creations that were supposed to be "CC Free" and turned out was not - they included pattern/s made with the TSR Tool and bingo - BAD CC!! The TSR tool was not created by EA for our EA game and that is one of the reasons it causes so many problems. If something gets coded incorrectly it becomes a nightmare to get rid of. Just wanted to let you know - if it were me - I would stay far away from any 3rd party tools, mods and cc. Just my take on it. Sims 3 is not as forgiving as Sims 2 was when it comes to that kind of stuff. :friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » June 25th, 2014, 8:15 pm

You can tell when patterns, etc. were made in TSR, now, because the updated program puts a little logo on each pattern. Patterns made with CaP are definitely safe, but I haven't been really able to figure it out very well. Melody has made a bunch of really nice patterns with it, though.

I think the spawners were combined in different ways not too long ago. Who knows why.

Glad the forum post ended up OK!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Meadow9259 » June 25th, 2014, 10:33 pm

Thanks, Melody. Yes, that's one of the things that's made me afraid. :uhhuh:

TS2 handled bad CC a lot better... it was a lot easier to get rid of, for one. TS3 seems to like to have lasting repercussions.
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby Meadow9259 » June 29th, 2014, 2:39 am

Well, I had an idea for the arboretum lot, and spent nearly two hours on it tonight, but in the end I have to trash it, because the game decided not to cooperate with what I was trying to do. :wow:

SkypheriaArboretum_P001a.png
SkypheriaArboretum_P001a.png (2.06 MiB) Viewed 469 times

SkypheriaArboretum_P001b.png
SkypheriaArboretum_P001b.png (2.23 MiB) Viewed 469 times

I also noticed a spot in the world that's totally screwed up land-level wise. Don't even have a clue how it happened. Probably one of those adjust something a mile away and CaW changes another area thing again.
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » June 29th, 2014, 6:57 am

Darn!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Meadow9259 » July 1st, 2014, 4:41 pm

I was just wondering if anyone figured out how to turn custom worlds into future worlds yet, but this thread at least, doesn't sound promising:

http://modthesims.info/t/514432

I was just thinking it would be neat to be able to make a future version of Skypheria to attach to Skypheria (and maybe even Skytasia). For instance, I could even reuse the same world map, but do things like make the mountains/hills look a bit more eroded/run down. Citizens could be updated to be decendants of present day Sky People - mixing actual genetics between actual Sims to make the future citizens. And I was thinking there could be a crazy mad scientist in present day that in the future could be a Plumbbot... i.e. he figured out how to transfer his conscience into a Plumbbot so that he could cheat death. Homes could be updated to have future tech. Community lots could be updated, some replaced to make way for more modern things. Kind of a peek into the future of Sjypheria. Things like that would be very neat!
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » July 1st, 2014, 5:00 pm

Kind of ended abruptly, didn't it? Hmmm... It would definitely be fun if you could make it work, but as you said...doesn't look promising!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Meadow9259 » July 1st, 2014, 8:07 pm

Yes, that thread at MTS cut up rather abruptly. :uhhuh:

Hopefully someone will figure it out eventually... there's some very smart people out there. ;-)
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby Meadow9259 » July 1st, 2014, 8:19 pm

Now that I had time to go back and read the thread more thoroughly, I think it may possibly already work with the info Auntielynds already posted in the first post. Not sure if that's everything, since people did mention a few points of confusion or unknowns, but I may give it a shot at some point and see how it does.

Now if I could just remember the bit that I had been about to edit into my first post before I got interrupted earlier. I hate when I have a great idea and then can't remember it! :wow:
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » July 1st, 2014, 8:57 pm

I do that all the time! :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Meadow9259 » July 1st, 2014, 9:04 pm

Me too! :uhhuh:

The living consciousness into a plumbbot thing is straight out of Star Trek lol. (I just finished reading "The Light Fantastic" which was about Data, Lal, Professor Moriarty, and Countess Bartholomew. Think it was just released a few days ago. Just showed up on my Kindle suddenly when I was just finishing up rereading the Destiny trilogy.) Of course I have absolutely no clue whatsoever how ITF works, so I probably have a slew of "want to's" that won't work with reality lol.
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby Meadow9259 » July 8th, 2014, 3:58 am

The Showtime park (tentatively named Perflera Park) has been finished and is ready for testing.

SkypheriaPerfleraPark.png
SkypheriaPerfleraPark.png (2.24 MiB) Viewed 440 times
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby Meadow9259 » July 8th, 2014, 11:48 am

Oops... forgot the lights. :doh:
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby Meadow9259 » July 8th, 2014, 3:29 pm

The Romanza Ceremony and Reception set is on sale for 350 until 7/11. Can't remember if it was already on sale when I linked it.
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » July 8th, 2014, 4:24 pm

I love the park, Meadow!!!

I should be able to log in today with my cell phone, and get some more points, and grab the Romanza set. :joy:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Skypheria