DEVELOPMENT - Skytasia Lite/Skypheria

This SKY world has been based on Skytasia, but is built on a smaller map. This world is no yet completed. This is a public forum.

Moderator: Meadow9259

Re: Skytasia Lite/Skypheria

Postby Meadow9259 » June 24th, 2014, 3:00 am

Thanks, Neb. :friends:

Making a few small changes and then exporting the first beta. Already did an alpha export to take a peak in the game.
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby Meadow9259 » June 24th, 2014, 3:47 am

Oof... I was just looking for the tags Egypt, China, or France when filtering out WA spawners. Do I need to filter out ones named EP1 too, then? There are quite a few of them. :uhhuh: Had already placed them in the world earlier.
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby Meadow9259 » June 24th, 2014, 4:16 am

Alright, I retagged a few lots and deleted all the spawners that were labelled EP1. The first beta has now been exported.

If anyone other than Linda is willing to help me test, please let me know.

Linda, I'll probably send you the file sometime tomorrow. My eyes have started going balistic, and I also don't have any compression programs installed here yet.
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » June 24th, 2014, 4:50 am

Meadow...I'm sorry, but I won't be able to get it until at least Friday, because of my internet problems. I'm really sorry!!! Please don't e-mail it to me, because it will use up my data on my cell phone, just getting the e-mail. Again...I'm really sorry! I'll let you know just as soon as HughesNet is back up...should be sometime on Friday. :friends:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Meadow9259 » June 24th, 2014, 10:26 am

Eep... I wouldn't have expected an e-mail to eat up your data just being received but not accessed. One way or another, what I actually meant was that I would PM you a download link to download it from my site whenever you could. I know your satellite has been down. :uhhuh:

No rush whatsoever on Skypheria. I rushed Hope Springs because I wanted to release it on a specific date because it was a tribute, but Skypheria will get done whenever it gets done. ;-)

Still need to dig up my Skytasia WIP lots and Sims and such and get everything together for a world save. I'm sure that will take at least a few days to gather and install. The CaW beta export is completely empty atm. I'll most likely only release the final world with preppulated NPCs/Townies and release the rest as a save file.
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby SeriphinaFyie » June 24th, 2014, 11:14 am

I can give it a run through as soon as my computer is up and running.
SeriphinaFyie
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby Meadow9259 » June 24th, 2014, 1:24 pm

Thanks, Neb. :friends:

Linda, I think I forgot to thank you before for attempting to answer my earlier question. :uhhuh: So thank you! :friends:
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby Meadow9259 » June 24th, 2014, 1:29 pm

*glowers at her game*

Oh, come now, I know it's dirty, but it's not THAT dirty!

"Game authentication failure. No disc in drive." *sigh*

(This is my finally located base game disc in my laptop, not the drive on my desktop that had trouble accessing my Island Paradise disc. That disc does seem to be defective as far as I can tell.)
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » June 24th, 2014, 9:01 pm

Grrr!

Yes...downloading is downloading, even if it brings the data in through an e-mail. The link in a PM will be good. :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Meadow9259 » June 24th, 2014, 9:19 pm

I built a new house on one of the 50x50 lots... was pretty happy with it, then I noticed an error on the porch roof in front of the tower that completely destroyed the front of the house. *sigh*

Then I went inside and remembered just how badly I'm sick of all the EA provided patterns and how much I've grown to hate them especially being forced to use them over and over and over and over some more again. I liked TS2's wallpapers much better. *sigh*
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » June 24th, 2014, 11:04 pm

You should make some of your own, Meadow! Plus there's a mod at MTS that will allow you to do things to the alpha layer to change out things like shininess, etc. You can also remove stencils, and I think you can add your own...not sure about that.

Plus there's the pattern-maker at TSR, and the very limited CaP program from EA. :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Meadow9259 » June 25th, 2014, 2:45 am

I lowered my aspirations and made something much smaller. :uhhuh:

The blueprint for the Skypheria Transport Stations:

SkypheriaTransportStation.png
SkypheriaTransportStation.png (590.89 KiB) Viewed 320 times
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » June 25th, 2014, 5:34 am

That's very cute! :joy:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Meadow9259 » June 25th, 2014, 11:52 am

Thanks, Linda. :foryou:

Gah... this is a pain. Apparently upconverting my old Skytasia build saved game made the game strip out all the harvestable plants and such I had placed in the world. :ohno: Everything is now gone from the Celestial Magic Unicorn Farm and Freshena Gardens. I've used a ton of these types of things over the years, and I'm sure not going to remember them all. I don't even have a clue what I had in Freshena. :ohno:

It also means it will also do that when I upconvert my play save game, and my Sims will lose everything they worked so hard for. :uhuh:
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Re: DEVELOPMENT - Skytasia Lite/Skypheria

Postby Meadow9259 » June 25th, 2014, 3:06 pm

Thanks for the info, Linda. :friends:

I'd have to admit I'm very afraid of CC. :uhhuh: I know there have been a number of patterns that have become corrupted and caused problems with other things, or attached where they shouldn't.

I assume CaP should be safe, but there's no way to tell if something was made with it or made with something else. There's also the bloating/resource usage spikes that going into custom patterns would cause. This game definitely doesn't need any more help in those areas. It struggles bad enough without adding custom patterns into the mix. The open world thing they did has a lot of disadvantages, and that's one of them.

Maybe things are so bad in my game in that area because of building... hopping all over and around worlds non-stop, flooding cache files. Maybe it's not so bad if one just plays Live Mode. I have no idea.

The data folder size bloating is also insane. That thing swells like mad, and regularly has to have massive dumping going on, because it overflows my hard drive partitions. It goes from a few hundred MB to a few GB in an eyeblink.

I have been seeing a good-sized speed difference on my desktop via my laptop in-game. The desktop seems to be positively flying. And that's with every EP and SP installed. The laptop only has base game. The video chips are about equivalent.

Then again, now that I think about it, I do remember reading that they turned on DEP by default around Generations or so. Base game does not have it on by default. So the speed difference may simply because the game is squandering resources on my laptop.

I didn't see things flying so fast on the desktop before, during my temporary install up to Pets, but that was also under 32-bit XP, so it had severe limits on my RAM usage and such.

And I have no idea what this forum just did to my text spontaneously...

EDIT: Phew... after I hit post it went back to normal. Everything suddenly indented to the right, and when I tried to type periods at the ends of lines, it insisted on placing them at the beginning of the line.
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

PreviousNext

Return to Skypheria