DEVELOPMENT - Skytasia Lite/Skypheria

This SKY world has been based on Skytasia, but is built on a smaller map. This world is no yet completed. This is a public forum.

Moderator: Meadow9259

Re: Skytasia Lite/Skypheria

Postby lindawing » June 21st, 2014, 11:01 am

Skypheria...but I cheated...I looked at the photo in the first post. :evillaugh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Meadow9259 » June 21st, 2014, 1:09 pm

lol tsk tsk!
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby Meadow9259 » June 21st, 2014, 4:02 pm

I finally managed to find at least a few of my files - the ones that were on the drives that had the repair attempt of my laptop's malware infected main drive and the ones that were on the desktop drive that had the temporary XP system installation on it.

The bad news is I didn't find the spawner spreadsheet for Skytasia, which is the one I had been hoping for. The good news is that I did find one, although it's for Hope Springs. It should be enough to work with, though. I did already have the Skytasia release CaW files on here, so if need by, I can count spawners manually.

The laptop system drive had Builderville files on it, I grabbed the most recent. Not sure if I had completed one or two of the other sizes, but I'll look into them and should be able to release them soon. Not knowing how to change the WPID was holding me back before. It should also have had the most recent pre-Pets Skytasia EiG builds and in-game build saves on it.

The desktop system drive should have all the most recent work on Skytasia lots on it, as well as Hope Springs. Of course, none of these can be accessed from my laptop, due to my game install on here being too far back (base game v1.11).

Still need to try to locate my laptop's data drive that was pulled when the malware hit me. The bulk of my more recent files should be on there. They had overflowed onto my system drive; that's the reason some of the newest files were on there.

Also still trying to locate my TS3 game discs so I can get into the game.
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » June 21st, 2014, 6:43 pm

If you have all your TS3 discs registered, you can download the files from Origin, now. They made it that way quite some time back. You can tell Origin to save the installation files on our hard drive, also, so you only have to download them once. :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Meadow9259 » June 21st, 2014, 8:11 pm

Thanks, Linda. The problem isn't so much the install as the game not running unless we have our discs in the drives due to the copy protection measures. I do have most of what I need installed, minus the stuff past Seasons on my desktop. Oh, and 70's, 80's, and 90's stuff isn't showing as registered for some reason, even though I swwear I registered it with the rest.
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » June 22nd, 2014, 12:52 am

When you download from Origin, it will run without discs in the drive. It picks up what it needs from the files. You need never put a disc in the drive.

Also, they would show that game in your purchase history, whether or not you registered it. :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Meadow9259 » June 22nd, 2014, 1:42 pm

I purchased 70's, 80's, and 90's from Amazon.com, I think, and it's never been installed, so EA doesn't have a clue I own it. :uhhuh: Which brings up do they know I own the ones I registered, if they've never been installed. I would think so, with registration, since they had to check my game codes for that.

I've just placed the last of the base game spawners in Skypheria, and with that, the world has now been finished as far as it can be in v1.11 CaW. :joy: It just needs a little attention in full game CaW now - shouldn't be too long I think since I only need to do a few things, namely placing the newer spawners and labeling lots for the newer lot types - and it'll officially be in first round beta. :joy:
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby Meadow9259 » June 22nd, 2014, 1:49 pm

Hmm... just over 3 months (about 3 1/2) to get a new world into beta... I think that's a new record for me!

And a lot of it I didn't have any time to work on the world... so what does that make it, a week of design time? :yikes:
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby Meadow9259 » June 22nd, 2014, 1:53 pm

Beh... I forgot about the forum changes and that that would have screwed up the posting dates. It's actually been 5 months, almost 6. (Date on my first CaW save is 1/10/14.) I KNEW that was too good to be true! :evillaugh:
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » June 22nd, 2014, 7:45 pm

I don't know why I was thinking they would have the info if you hadn't registered it with them. :doh: My brain, sometimes! Sorry about that!

But...yes...if you registered your codes with them, then Origin has that info. So if the last one you registered was the one you are using with which to play/build, then you can download it from Origin, and install it on your other computer, and then you can use it without a DVD in the machine.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Meadow9259 » June 23rd, 2014, 9:31 pm

Have now flagged these lots with these tags:

I'm feeling a bit confused as there seem to be duplicate lot tag options on a few lot purposes and I'm also confused about how to properly flag Showtime lots. I would appreciate any help I can get as to lot type verification and help with choosing the proper tags for the rest.

Resort - kEP10_Resort
Horse/Unicorn Ranch - kEP5_HorseRanch
Private Show Venue - kEP6_PrivateVenue
Dog Park - kEP5_DogPark
Pet Shop - kEP5_PetStore
Cat Jungle - kEP5_CatJungle
Laundromat - kEP2_Laundromat
Science Center - kScienceLab
Fire Station - kEP2FireStation
Police Station - kPoliceStation
Elixir Shop - kEP7PotionShopConsignmentStore
Arboretum - kEP7_Arboretum
Vault of Antiquity - kEP7_VaultofAntiquity
Gypsy - kEP7_GypsyCaravan
Festival Grounds - kEP8_Festival
Military Base - kMilitaryBase
Big Show Venue - kEP6_BigShow

Bistro - Has been set to Restaurant, should I change it to kEP6_Bistro?
Salon - kEP2_Salon or kEP5_Salon?
Consignment Store - kEP2ConsignmentStore or kEP5_ConsignmentStore?

Coffeehouse Venue - ?
Live Show Venue - ?
Showtime Park - ? (Does this just need to be flagged a Park, and if so does Small or Big matter?)
(I had flagged these on my world map based on a Showtime lot type list I saw somewhere)
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » June 23rd, 2014, 10:25 pm

You got me, Meadow. I have a hard enough time with these things. I didn't think there WAS a Miltary tag any longer! I always just use Visitors Allowed.

I think Restaurant means Diner, not Bistro...but I'm in no way sure of that!

On the salons and consignment stores...what???!!!

The coffeehouse is from Uni, and it can be used anywhere. It works for just about anything...like a hangout.

The live show venue is for the contests, I think...but I think they will happen anywhere else, as well.

Showtime Park...you got me!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Meadow9259 » June 23rd, 2014, 10:35 pm

Now I need some help/confirmation with spawners lol.

I would like all collectibles in Skypheria, minus WA ones from vacation worlds and ITF future ones.

This is what I came up with after going through a "spawner" filter in CaW:

To include:

Kissing Gourami
Sea Sludge
Sewer Trilobite
Will-O'-The-Wisp
HoneyPot Ant
Mosquito
PillBug
PlasmaBug
Spider
Termite
Carbon Steel
Compendium
Supernovium
Tungsten Carbide
Alchemy (Gems)
Geode
Geode & Septarian
Quartz
Septarian
Smithsonite
Soulpeace
Tiberium High
Tiberium Low
Vampires Eye
Alchemy (Insects)

To not include:

Cause Effect Water Spawner 1
Cause Effect Water Spawner 2
Cause Effect Water Spawner 3
Crystal Plant Spawner
Junkyard Spawner 1
Junkyard Spawner 2
Junkyard Spawner 3
Junkyard Spawner 4
Junkyard Spawner 5
Nanite Spawner – Bot Workshop
Nanite Spawner Common 1
Nanite Spawner Common 2
Nanite Spawner Common 3
Nanite Spawner Common 4
Nanite Spawner Rare 1
Nanite Spawner Rare 2
Nanite Spawner Rare 3
Nanite Spawner Rare 4
Nanite Spawner Uncommon 1
Nanite Spawner Uncommon 2
Nanite Spawner Uncommon 3
Nanite Spawner Uncommon 4
Non-collectable Sea Life Spawner
Rainbow Snail/Utopia Spawner
Sea Life Spawner – All
Sealife Spawner – High 1
Sealife Spawner – High 2
Sealife Spawner – Low 1
Sealife Spawner – Low 2
Sealife Spawner – Medium 1
Sealife Spawner – Medium 2
Surface Shark Spawner
Three Eyed Fish/Dystopia Spawner
Underwater Shark Spawner
Wildflower Spawner
World Event Spawner 1
World Event Spawner 2
World Event Spawner 3
World Event Spawner 4
World Event Spawner 5
World Event Spawner 6
World Event Spawner 7
World Event Spawner 8
World Event Spawner 9

(I just don't have anywhere in Skypheria to put the Sealife spawners. Junkyard I know are supposed to go on-lot, although I also have no junkyard in these worlds. Wildflowers I might potentially add a few. The Utopia spawner I might add if it would work in a Present world? since Skytasia/Skypheria are rather utopian settings. I also believe some of these "spawners" spawn events not the stuff I'm looking for.)
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby SeriphinaFyie » June 24th, 2014, 12:55 am

Meadow9259 wrote:Have now flagged these lots with these tags:

I'm feeling a bit confused as there seem to be duplicate lot tag options on a few lot purposes and I'm also confused about how to properly flag Showtime lots. I would appreciate any help I can get as to lot type verification and help with choosing the proper tags for the rest.

Resort - kEP10_Resort
Horse/Unicorn Ranch - kEP5_HorseRanch
Private Show Venue - kEP6_PrivateVenue
Dog Park - kEP5_DogPark
Pet Shop - kEP5_PetStore
Cat Jungle - kEP5_CatJungle
Laundromat - kEP2_Laundromat
Science Center - kScienceLab
Fire Station - kEP2FireStation
Police Station - kPoliceStation
Elixir Shop - kEP7PotionShopConsignmentStore
Arboretum - kEP7_Arboretum
Vault of Antiquity - kEP7_VaultofAntiquity
Gypsy - kEP7_GypsyCaravan
Festival Grounds - kEP8_Festival
Military Base - kMilitaryBase
Big Show Venue - kEP6_BigShow

Bistro - Has been set to Restaurant, should I change it to kEP6_Bistro?
Salon - kEP2_Salon or kEP5_Salon?
Consignment Store - kEP2ConsignmentStore or kEP5_ConsignmentStore? Use EP 2

Coffeehouse Venue - ?
Live Show Venue - ?
Showtime Park - ? (Does this just need to be flagged a Park, and if so does Small or Big matter?)
(I had flagged these on my world map based on a Showtime lot type list I saw somewhere) Just make a big park and include the stage object somewhere. The purpose of the park is primarily for SimFests

Okay, the ones that I've highlighted in bold can simply be set to Visitors Allowed. The rabbit hole object will override the map tag, making it redundant. For some of the others I made notes in bold as well. As far as showtime venues:

As of patch 36, if you add the required Showtime objects in a hangout or a dance club type lots, they will be able to host live show type gigs without requiring to change the lot assignment, allowing it to function as both lot types.

However, housing a Showtime venue in a Late Night club might cause a conflict between their business hours. It would be possible to get a gig at a time the club should be closed, thus not allowing the performer in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As of patch 36, if you add the required Showtime objects in a pool, gym, library or a dive bar type lots, they will be able to host coffehouse type gigs without requiring to change the lot assignment, allowing it to function as both lot types.

However, housing a Showtime venue in a Late Night club might cause a conflict between their business hours. It would be possible to get a gig at a time the club should be closed, thus not allowing the performer in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As of patch 36, if you add the required Showtime objects in an art gallery, a lounge or a horse ranch type lots, they will be able to host private show type gigs without requiring to change the lot assignment, allowing it to function as both lot types.

Hopefully this helps some. If you're worried about sprawl, several rabbit holes can be placed on one lot, or a combined rabbit hole can be used (like the newer city hall where it's also the police station and military base).

If you want the map tag to appear, the Ambitions lots (Salon, laundry, firestation) cannot be combined with any other rabbit hole buildings or the map tags will be overridden and the lot may not function properly.

The utopia/dystopia and event spawners only work in worlds that are classified as future, so will not work in yours. However, you CAN use the rainbow utopia items from buydebug (just sort into the future you'll see them) like the trees and flowers.
SeriphinaFyie
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby SeriphinaFyie » June 24th, 2014, 1:05 am

Meadow9259 wrote:Now I need some help/confirmation with spawners lol.

I would like all collectibles in Skypheria, minus WA ones from vacation worlds and ITF future ones.

This is what I came up with after going through a "spawner" filter in CaW:

To include:

Kissing Gourami
Sea Sludge
Sewer Trilobite
Will-O'-The-Wisp
HoneyPot Ant
Mosquito
PillBug
PlasmaBug
Spider
Termite
Carbon Steel
Compendium
Supernovium
Tungsten Carbide
Alchemy (Gems)
Geode
Geode & Septarian
Quartz
Septarian
Smithsonite
Soulpeace ~ Pretty sure this is from WA
Tiberium High
Tiberium Low
Vampires Eye
Alchemy (Insects)

To not include:

Cause Effect Water Spawner 1
Cause Effect Water Spawner 2
Cause Effect Water Spawner 3
Crystal Plant Spawner
Junkyard Spawner 1
Junkyard Spawner 2
Junkyard Spawner 3
Junkyard Spawner 4
Junkyard Spawner 5
Nanite Spawner – Bot Workshop
Nanite Spawner Common 1
Nanite Spawner Common 2
Nanite Spawner Common 3
Nanite Spawner Common 4
Nanite Spawner Rare 1
Nanite Spawner Rare 2
Nanite Spawner Rare 3
Nanite Spawner Rare 4
Nanite Spawner Uncommon 1
Nanite Spawner Uncommon 2
Nanite Spawner Uncommon 3
Nanite Spawner Uncommon 4
Non-collectable Sea Life Spawner
Rainbow Snail/Utopia Spawner
Sea Life Spawner – All
Sealife Spawner – High 1
Sealife Spawner – High 2
Sealife Spawner – Low 1
Sealife Spawner – Low 2
Sealife Spawner – Medium 1
Sealife Spawner – Medium 2
Surface Shark Spawner
Three Eyed Fish/Dystopia Spawner
Underwater Shark Spawner
Wildflower Spawner
World Event Spawner 1
World Event Spawner 2
World Event Spawner 3
World Event Spawner 4
World Event Spawner 5
World Event Spawner 6
World Event Spawner 7
World Event Spawner 8
World Event Spawner 9

(I just don't have anywhere in Skypheria to put the Sealife spawners. Junkyard I know are supposed to go on-lot, although I also have no junkyard in these worlds. Wildflowers I might potentially add a few. The Utopia spawner I might add if it would work in a Present world? since Skytasia/Skypheria are rather utopian settings. I also believe some of these "spawners" spawn events not the stuff I'm looking for.)

I wouldn't include sea life spawners if you won't include dive lots as they would be useless. Wildflower spawners are not needed, as they will spawn from other spawners such as insect spawners, gem spawners, metal spawners, and seed spawners. The same is true for the "small pet" varieties in the game, you do not need the specific spawner as the items will appear from basegame spawners.

Don't forget your various Butterfly, insect, meteorite and seed spawners.

A good spread based on Sunset Valley:
Butterfly Spawners - 27
Beetle Spawners - 26
Gem Spawners - 20
Metal Spawners - 28
Meteorite Spawners - 11
Fishing Spawners - 31
Seed spawners or harvestable plants - 69

If your world is HALF the size of sunset valley, you can use the same number of spawners, you'll just have a more dense collectables availability. You can half the quantities of course. The number of spawners can impact lag in a world as the game is populating and simulating each spawner. Some require more memory than others, example would be butterflies vs seeds. The game has to make the butterflies flap around, while the seeds just sit there doing nothing and not being contributing members of society.

As always, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
SeriphinaFyie
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

PreviousNext

Return to Skypheria