DEVELOPMENT - Skytasia Lite/Skypheria

This SKY world has been based on Skytasia, but is built on a smaller map. This world is no yet completed. This is a public forum.

Moderator: Meadow9259

Re: Skytasia Lite/Skypheria

Postby Meadow9259 » June 20th, 2014, 1:49 pm

The rest of the bird effects spawners and the waterfall are now in, about 40% of the snowcaps are painted, and I did the first pass of painting touchups on the mountain/hill bases.

This is sure a lot faster and easier the second time around. ;-) Don't have to think much, just do!

I definitely think those nefarious blank slates we get to stare at in the beginning when creating a world are by far the worst part lol. Folowed by terraforming and snow cap (and the like) panting. And technically trying to juggle roads and lots around to get everything to fit, and in a way that functions decently in game is time consuming, as well, and can be difficult for somewhere like Hope Springs where we're trying to cram way too many lots into a too small area. But definitely the blank slates at the beginning are by far the worst part of world building! :yeah:
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby Meadow9259 » June 20th, 2014, 1:56 pm

Skypheria_P009.png
Skypheria_P009.png (1.92 MiB) Viewed 285 times
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby Meadow9259 » June 20th, 2014, 3:01 pm

Would anyone like to try their hands at creating a Sky Person or two (or more) to help with the prepopulation venture? Looking for Sims to serve as the townie/NPC pool atm.

http://www.meadowbrookhomesforsims.com/ ... eople.html
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » June 20th, 2014, 7:15 pm

I'm just printing out the racial features for the Sky people, and will make some Sims for you. I take it you're wanting individual Sims, for NPCs...not families...right?

EDIT...AAARRRGGGHHH!!! Yesterday we unplugged my computer from the router, to test the HughesNet modem. We left it that way. The printer is on the network, and two days ago, Jonny unplugged the USB cable from the printer, that was from my computer to it. So I have no printer connection until he gets home later on. I'll just have to keep the page up, or write down the color scheme, etc., if I want to work on a Sim before he gets home. :-( :sob:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Meadow9259 » June 20th, 2014, 7:25 pm

Oof... sorry to hear about your troubles, Linda. :ohno:

Thank you for offering to make a few Sims. :friends: Yes, for now I'm looking for whatever types of Sims would be needed to go into the general NPC townie pool that the game draws from. Probably single Sims like you said. I have no idea how prepopulation works, so I can't say conclusively... :uhhuh: It's been a while since I last read the info on it.

It would make far more sense and be far more aesthetical if the game had Sky People to draw from for these positions instead of flooding the world with Landwalkers.
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby Meadow9259 » June 20th, 2014, 7:34 pm

Does anyone remember where the info on world prepopulation that was linked here before (on one of the old forums) came from? Or where I can otherwise find the proper instructions and tools?

Google turned up this, so far. I can't remember what the original one I read said to do, though. I'm completely lost lol. I know Auntielyds knows her CaW stuff.

http://modthesims.info/t/403303
http://cawtool.wikia.com/wiki/CAW_Popul ... rvice_NPCs
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby Meadow9259 » June 20th, 2014, 7:42 pm

Adding TowniesEdit

Townies (aka "homeless Sims") are the pool of Sims that the games drafts to become bouncers, mixologists, etc. If you want premade townies you start by adding them exactly the same way as other Sim households. Once the family you want to be homeless is installed in a household click on one of the walls and select MasterController's Evict command. If you want to clear the lot you can go to Edit in Game and bulldoze it. The homeless Sims will disappear, but they will still be in the world file.
Adding Service NPCsEdit

To add Sims to the hidden Service NPC household just click on a Sim and select MasterController's Advanced > Set Service command. Choose which service you want your Sim to perform and when the game loads up the Sim you chose should be your new Mailman or Repairman.

Those are the ones I'm looking for atm. Townie and NPC pool.
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby Meadow9259 » June 20th, 2014, 7:58 pm

Yikes... that's a lot of Sims required just for the NPC pool. :uhhuh: (Scoll down this page a bit and it lists NPC and townie requirements/suggestions.)

http://cawtool.wikia.com/wiki/CAW_Popul ... Population
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » June 20th, 2014, 8:08 pm

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Tut ... CAW_Worlds

This was made by the person who made that first link you gave above.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Meadow9259 » June 20th, 2014, 8:33 pm

Thanks, Linda. :friends: Looks like it's pretty much the same info... someone probably largely copied it from one spot to the other.

I was thinking what I had read originally was a lot more complicated sounding (and longer) than the link I had found today lol.
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby Meadow9259 » June 20th, 2014, 8:40 pm

I'm thinking now that I forgot to put a listing of a few no-no traits on the Creating a Sky Person page. There weren't very many because I don't want to restrict creativity or make everything boring, but I think there may have been a few that go directly and blatantly against the general character of the Sky People society. They would be traits like Evil, Kleptomaniac, maybe Dislikes Children... I forget what traits we even have in the game it's been so long since I've played.

Overall, the Sky People are friendly, cheerful, loving, curious, etc. But again I don't want to go putting too much restrictions on traits lest they get boring or such. I'd say just generally try to stay clear of traits are direct, blatant opposites of things like those.

Also have started thinking of leaving the NPC positions for burglars as Landwalkers, since that career path is blatantly against the Sky People's general natures. :uhhuh: I didn't even put a criminal warehouse in the worlds.

Oh, and let me know if you see anything you feel is unclear in my Sky People description page. I had thrown it together but it hasn't been fine tuned.
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby Meadow9259 » June 21st, 2014, 12:27 am

Snowcaps, trees, and rocks up! ;-)
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » June 21st, 2014, 2:08 am

I'm not prone to use the negative traits, anyway, so I probably would have been safe. :uhhuh: :lol:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Meadow9259 » June 21st, 2014, 2:39 am

hehe

No mass negativity or Sims who hurt others allowed in Skytasia. ;-) Well, except for the Landwalkers and crazy townies that sneak in courtesy of EA...
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby Meadow9259 » June 21st, 2014, 3:32 am

So... is this Skytasia or Skypheria? I've totally been having an identifying crisis today! :hmmm:
GuessTheWorld.png
GuessTheWorld.png (1.4 MiB) Viewed 274 times
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

PreviousNext

Return to Skypheria