DEVELOPMENT - Skytasia Lite/Skypheria

This SKY world has been based on Skytasia, but is built on a smaller map. This world is no yet completed. This is a public forum.

Moderator: Meadow9259

DEVELOPMENT - Skytasia Lite/Skypheria

Postby Meadow9259 » March 8th, 2014, 8:10 pm

(Name is tentative and may yet change.)

Well, the bug to work in Skytasia hit me again yesterday, and since all my original world files and lot files are scattered who knows where by this point, I eventually started brainstorming for the smaller Skytasia companion world.

Some of what I've been thinking is new, some what I had been thinking before.

Old post on this:

viewtopic.php?f=113&t=1263&p=5081#p5068

Thinking the homes from the Bivaria Gardens region still, and maybe one or two from the Ancena Oldlands region. Possibly Meren Keep, at least, which is the mayor's home. All of the current and currently planned community lots from Skytasia, possibly recreating the Town Center area as the core of Skypheria. Adding in community lots for EPs past Ambitions (though not all of them I have to figure out what they are since I haven't really played the game past base game and a small touch of Pets and decide which ones I want/woulld be feasible/fit in with the world atmosphere). I already know I can't use the equestrian center lot because I can't bury it and expect the horses to get down there and I can't build around it because its way too big and would be a major eyesore even if I managed to do it. Reusing the Sky People I've made.

Thinking of splitting up the Bivaria Gardens homes around the world with the 30x20, 30x30, and 40x40 homes that are set up as "squares" kept together and worked into one side/area of the world to one side of the new Town Center region, and the 50x50 and 60x60 lots to the opposite side/area of the world (where Ancena Oldlands is in Skytasia). Using the south area for some of the oddball community lots and possibly the home or two from Ancena Oldlands and possibly the new EP community lots. Keeping a new "Skyrit Mountains" to the north area, as it is in Skytasia.

More compact world, less travel time. Will still be fairly big to most of your standards, most likely, though not to mine.

Of course, I haven't had any time to do anything, much less anything fun, in a whole lot of months, and I'm not likely to really have any now. We'll see if I can actually sneak in an hour or two here and there, or not.
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Re: Skytasia Lite/Skypheria

Postby Meadow9259 » March 8th, 2014, 8:11 pm

Skypheria

Skytasia

Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby Meadow9259 » March 8th, 2014, 8:12 pm

Starting off sketching:

Joyena Wedding Gardens - to the left of Meren Keep
one of the glades - to the right of Meren Keep
move the cemetery up towards the military base, between the river and where the hills jut out at the side
use that area in the bottom right corner for the upscale 60x60 housing - kinda make it secluded with lots of thick tree groves surrounding it
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby FaithfulApostle » March 8th, 2014, 8:12 pm

I like what you've got planned for this. It looks really cool. :joy:
FaithfulApostle
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » March 8th, 2014, 8:12 pm

Looking good so far, Meadow! :joy:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Meadow9259 » March 8th, 2014, 8:13 pm

Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby Meadow9259 » March 8th, 2014, 8:14 pm

Tentative list of possible new lots to be made and added:

Horse Ranch (Pets)
Cat Jungle (Pets)
Dog Park (Pets)
Pet Store (Pets)
Coffeehouse (Showtime)
Big Show Venue (Showtime)
Live Show Venue (Showtime)
Private Venue (Showtime)
Elixir Consignment Store (Supernatural)
Festival Grounds (Seasons)
Resort (Island Paradise)

Arboretum (Supernatural) -
Gypsy Caravan (Supernatural)
Vault of Antiquity (Supernatural)
Stellar Observatory (Into the Future) -

(Looks like the Wiki lot type list gets sketchy with info with University and beyond. =/ I have no idea what most of this stuff is. Haven't played the game in eons, and very barely anything past base game with the exception of Pets and Seasons a bit.)

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/caree ... ronomy.php

(OK, guess that one's meant for the future world, doesn't even allow the careers to work in present time by the sounds of it, so it's most likely out.)
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby MelodyOkie » March 8th, 2014, 8:14 pm

I love your layout Meadow! You are very good at that!! :-)
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Meadow9259 » March 8th, 2014, 8:15 pm

Thanks, Okie. :friends: I consider layouts one of my stronger areas.

I just copied over most of Town Center verbatim. I can see that I'm definitely going to have to scrunch it up a bit - it's so wide it's running into Midena Square. I can do that easily enough since it's pretty stretched out. I'll probably end up scrunching it a little bit from top to bottom, too. Definitely looks a lot larger in Skypheria than it did in Skytasia, due to Skytasia's massive area.

The part that's headache generating atm is that the road leg on the far left is clearly off by a square - somewhere. I measured everything at least 2-3 times both in Skytasia and when I rebuilt it in Skypheria. I ran checks on myself all over the place. I've run even more checks all over the place since I discovered it off, and can find absolutely nothing amiss. Basically, there is absolutely no reason that road should not be perfectly straight. It shouldn't be off in the slightest. :ohno: This may well require demolishing the entirety of Town Center and remaking it from scratch to fix. :ohno: That may actually be easier than trying to find the problem, too.

The left leg next to it, on further examination, does seem to be off by a square, as well, somewhere. The far right leg seems straight, as far as I can tell.

I also had to raise and re-dig the middle part of the river this morning. I discovered last night that, though again I had checked my original placement several times, instead of the branch-off being centered in the world along the bounding box lines, it was WAY off. It was completely to one side of the bounding box lines. Then again, considering the way CaW likes to shift land from where we dig it... beh... yes, I'm grasping at straws lol. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » March 8th, 2014, 8:15 pm

Looking at the grid and the roads in that photo, I don't see anything out of kilter, Meadow. Are you sure?
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Meadow9259 » March 8th, 2014, 8:16 pm

Unfortunately, yes, it was very obvious to that one side. *sigh* The 2nd from the left was straight, though - it was a single lot off-kilter on that one. I still don't have a clue what was going on. :frustrated: I started wondering if maybe I accidentally pulled one of the wrong road points when I stretched it out and skewed the road to bow in/out a bit or something.

Anyway... I got around it by deleting and replacing everything.

CaW wouldn't be CaW if it didn't find ways to give us massive headaches...

Town Center has now been shrunk a little bit - the revised version is 20 squares narrower and 60 squares shorter.

Saris Square and Tiapa Square aren't going to fit in where I originally was thinking. I'll have to play around with possible layouts a bit and decide where to squeeze everything. Everything about this world keeps screaming, "too small!" at me but I know that's just an illusion... really... it is...
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby MelodyOkie » March 8th, 2014, 8:16 pm

Not too small!! Not too small at all! I love small, though, so may be a bit prejudice. Don't like big at all - so definitely prejudice! :yeah:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » March 8th, 2014, 8:17 pm

Looking good, Meadow! :joy:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby psychedelicsim » March 8th, 2014, 8:39 pm

Everything looks great so far, Meadow. I'm looking forward to seeing how it progresses! :joy:
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Meadow9259 » March 8th, 2014, 8:40 pm

Thanks, everyone. :friends:

I know it's bigger than it looks... maybe if I keep repeating that I'll start to believe it! :evillaugh:

Skytasia was 1 bounding box boundary so that would make 6x6 = 36 bounding boxes. Skypheria is about 2 bounding box boundary all around, so that would make around 4x4 = 16 bounding boxes world area. And that's without all the bump ins and such that I put in trying to get away from my usual way too straight world edges (so maybe 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 or possibly even 3ish). So it's less than half the area of Skytasia, which explains why it feels so tiny to me. :uhhuh:

My latest layout plan attempt:

Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Next

Return to Skypheria