Development

Skytasia is the home of the Sky People, who live far above the clouds. They have an ancient culture, and have a deep love of knowledge and learning - especially about the world of the Landwalkers beneath them. This is a public forum.

Moderator: Meadow9259

Re: Development

Postby Meadow9259 » March 4th, 2014, 8:02 pm

Well, the verdict is in, this world is definitely WAY too big! :uhhuh:

Linda, make sure to go up and take in the view from the hills - it'll be blocked off later and it's quite pretty from up there. ;-)

Things sure do look way different from Live Mode than they do from CaW or EiG!
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » March 4th, 2014, 8:02 pm

It can't be too big! I love big worlds, for playing in, at least! ;-)

I have it now, Meadow, and as soon as I finish up, here, I'll be installing it and checking it out. I'm so EXCITED!!!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Meadow9259 » March 4th, 2014, 8:03 pm

I just wish the game scrolled a bit faster in Live Mode... it seemed a bit hard to get around. The way I laid things out, though, it shouldn't be too bad, I would think, because technically the Sims only really need to use half the world on a regular basis. They just need access to their home region and access to the Town Center area. ;-) I like large worlds to play in, as well, which is why this one may have gotten a wee bit out of hand! :uhhuh:

Hopefully it behaves! ;-) I seemed alright when I poked in for a bit last night. Surprisingly the military base seemed to be working ok, after you see the mess underground I'm sure you'll understand why I'm surprised hehe. I did a quick check on it before I decorated, just to be sure.

Oh, Mulara's bedroom is the pink one in the back of the house and Bulan's is the blue one in the front - which you probably already figured out by their favorite colors. =)

The Beautiful Vista buff seems like it may be working differently than I thought - I thought the numbers in CaW was the percentage chance of it occurring, but now I'm wondering if it may be the amount to buff the moodlet by. Probably need to turn it down a tad, if that's the case, or there's not going to be much challenge at all keeping the Sky People in platinum. Of course, that could also help offset the increased travel times, by needing to spend less time keeping them happy. ;-)
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » March 4th, 2014, 9:02 pm

The world IS a bit large for the available content in it right now, Meadow, but I think once you finish filling it up, and people build their own things as well (which I'm sure they'll want to), it will be perfect.

So far everything is working quite nicely. I'm not having a bit of trouble with the graphics or anything.

I can tell you, though, that you haven't achieved hiding the edges of the world. Here are some shots to show the difference between how far out I can get the camera in Skytasia, and what it shows, compared to how far out I can get the camera in Melted Mountain, and what it shows.

Skytasia-Alpha01-042711-11.jpg
Skytasia-Alpha01-042711-11.jpg (54.13 KiB) Viewed 356 times

Skytasia-Alpha01-042711-12.jpg
Skytasia-Alpha01-042711-12.jpg (52.08 KiB) Viewed 356 times

In Skytasia, I can take the camera quite a ways out past the edge of the land--enough to look back in and see that your water table is way down underneath the bottom of the land, and that you haven't pulled the edges of the hills down to meet the water. Neither of these things is bad, except that if you leave the border like it is, you might want to raise your sea level at least to the lower edges of the land, or bring the hillsides down TO the sea level, all the way around.

The second option is probably the best, because you have the inland water already fixed. The ditches are deep, though, and you COULD bring the sea level up quite a bit and still not have it overflowing the clouds.

I think, though, if you could do the non-camera masking just another bit inward, you wouldn't have the problem, at all.

Here's how far out I can get the camera on the flat area, and then in the mountains, in Melted Mountain.

Skytasia-Alpha01-042711-13.jpg
Skytasia-Alpha01-042711-13.jpg (45.46 KiB) Viewed 356 times

Skytasia-Alpha01-042711-14.jpg
Skytasia-Alpha01-042711-14.jpg (42.15 KiB) Viewed 356 times

Skytasia-Alpha01-042711-16.jpg
Skytasia-Alpha01-042711-16.jpg (65.61 KiB) Viewed 356 times

Skytasia-Alpha01-042711-17.jpg
Skytasia-Alpha01-042711-17.jpg (52.11 KiB) Viewed 356 times

Notice that I can't even get TO the actual edge of the world. Down low, you can never see the ocean at all, much less get to it. Up high, you can see the DISTANT ocean, but you still can't get TO it, in any way, shape, or form. It's basically its own "distant terrain."

If I were to pull in the boundaries just a little bit in Melted Mountain, I believe the ocean would "disappear" totally, and the roads would just look as if they wandered off into (grin) the middle of nowhere.

One thing that I thought of, right away, is that you are going to need to make a map for this world, because when I wanted to place the Akin siblings into their new home, I had NO idea where Bivaria Gardens was! The only house I saw, right off, was in an area where the lots were all 30x20, not the 30x30 you mentioned, but I tried it, anyway, because I didn't spot the 30x30 lots right away.

It became quite obvious as soon as they entered the home, that that was NOT their own place, so I quickly evicted them and tried again, checking more carefully, until I found the right plat. The street names give no clue about what area it is, though, so...definitely a map, I think.

Skytasia-Alpha01-042711-01.jpg
Skytasia-Alpha01-042711-01.jpg (81.5 KiB) Viewed 356 times

Oh! The Akins need a second vehicle or at least a bicycle! They have separate jobs, and one of them keeps having to take a taxi--depending on who's working on which day.

Bulan was EASY to get placed in his career. He rolled the desire, immediately, to join the police force. No sooner said than done. I sat him down at the computer and got him in, using the "Show Location" button to let me know exactly where the station was located.

The next day, when he went to work, he GOT there just fine, but then wouldn't go in. So I took him inside the doors to look around, and saw that because you haven't developed it yet, there was no way for him to get to the stairs going down to the Rabbit Hole station! Oops! I quickly went into Edit Town and changed that situation, and then he went to work just fine. He was a little bit late for work that day, which started to affect his rating, but I just made him work HARD for the rest of his time there that day, and now he's doing well.

Skytasia-Alpha01-042711-04.jpg
Skytasia-Alpha01-042711-04.jpg (57.26 KiB) Viewed 356 times

Skytasia-Alpha01-042711-05.jpg
Skytasia-Alpha01-042711-05.jpg (61.16 KiB) Viewed 356 times

Mulara wasn't so easy to place! Her personality says she's a natural cook, but her lifetime want has nothing to do with that fact--it says that she wants to be popular with everyone. So she immediately rolled the desire to be in the journalism career! Wait! I know she's supposed to go to work in the diner, so I squashed that desire, and took her to the computer and had her pick out a career in food services.

The only job OFFERED her, was at the Bistro! So I let her take that one, and then went to investigate what I could do about changing that situation.

That's when I realized AGAIN, that you'll need a map that clearly tells what you have named your Rabbit Hole lots! As is SOMETIMES the case (not always, for some stupid reason, but more times than not), the renamed RH lots show up in the Sims' MAP, as their pre-names! GRRR!!! That is SO irritating to me! Not only can't we have RHs that look the way WE want them to (or that aren't RHs at all, but working businesses instead), but we can't even successfully rename them to suit our own worlds! Give me a break!

At any rate, I took Mulara to the diner (via the map), and had her TRANSFER her job there. That worked perfectly. I had no idea, prior to this, that you COULD do that! So then, all was fine with her job, and she's already involved in learning new recipes and the like, in order to get promoted. She's also making friends very quickly, to get her lifetime want fulfilled. ;-)

Skytasia-Alpha01-042711-06.jpg
Skytasia-Alpha01-042711-06.jpg (84.61 KiB) Viewed 356 times

Skytasia-Alpha01-042711-07.jpg
Skytasia-Alpha01-042711-07.jpg (79.7 KiB) Viewed 356 times

Now comes a problem I'm not sure how you will address, if you don't install Ambitions! You can just leave things as they are, but you might want to be really careful to make ALL your community lots that are actually Rabbit Holes, as VISITORS ALLOWED. The diner lot comes up in my game as an Art Gallery, which makes no sense at all! If you want to make it something, you could just make it a PARK, or just VISITORS ALLOWED.

Since I have Ambitions, I quickly re-tagged it into a HANGOUT. There will be more Sims just hanging about, in that type of lot. It could also be set as one of the "bars" from Late Night, if you have that, with the appropriate things added in...just enough that the tables will be used, etc., so that it would look like a working diner, on the top level. Some of the NPCs came in and hung around, but they had nothing at all to do, so they left again very quickly.

I had Bulan come over to eat, and when he wandered back upstairs, he pulled out a book and sat down to read for a bit, all on his own, but that's not going to happen with everyone. You need to have SOME activity in each of the ground levels of all the RHs, in order for them to get used by the Sims at all.

If you don't, all the regular RH activity will just go on DOWNSTAIRS, in the dark of the basement, right next to the inappropriate-looking RH buildings. :rolleyes:

Here are pictures of the military establishment, with its building down in the second basement and the pool LOOKING like it's encroaching, in the first basement level. It all works perfectly fine when it's visited...no problems whatsoever.

Skytasia-Alpha01-042711-08.jpg
Skytasia-Alpha01-042711-08.jpg (87.2 KiB) Viewed 356 times

Skytasia-Alpha01-042711-09.jpg
Skytasia-Alpha01-042711-09.jpg (63.3 KiB) Viewed 356 times

While checking out that establishment, I learned something ELSE I had never encountered before. Bulan and Mulara went together, but just after they entered the front door, Bulan was called away to work, and the choice came up for him to go ahead and GO, even though it would disrupt the GROUP OUTING, or to have him stay, and miss work! I had him go, and Mulara simply toured the fort by herself.

Of course, she disappeared inside the underground establishment, and nobody was upstairs...because it's NO VISITORS ALLOWED, but once again...there's nothing for anyone to do, so there's no pull on the NPCs or other residents (of which there are none, at this point, so it's only the NPCs that are showing up everywhere, so far). You really need SOME sort of planned activity for the military base (as with all the others). What would the Sims do while waiting to tour the base? You have workplaces and lounge areas set up...how about adding some bookcases? A chess table wouldn't go amiss, and perhaps a telescope or two, and maybe an easel. Set some cameras around, maybe. A couple of large television screens in a briefing room would pull some Sims in...that kind of thing.

I just noticed that you DO have gym equipment in the ground floor of the building, plus there's the pool. You probably would NOT want to make it a POOL lot, because of the FAMILIES that would invade the place. However, making it a GYM would really be appropriate, because the visiting adults would look as if they were in training sessions.

For a giggle, I included these two photos, because I thought it was so cute! Bulan and Mulara are very definitely coded as brother and sister (I checked). When it came time for the first night's sleep, however, Mulara did just fine. She headed immediately for her PINK bedroom, as if she KNEW that pink bed was in there.

So I'm thinking, "Wow! That's great! I guess Bulan will head straight for his BLUE bed!" NOT!!! :yeah: Where did he head, without a bit of hesitation? You guessed it...the empty side of Mulara's pink double bed!!! Obviously these two were raised in small quarters, where the kids HAD to share bed space...right? :wow: :rotfl:

Skytasia-Alpha01-042711-02.jpg
Skytasia-Alpha01-042711-02.jpg (95.16 KiB) Viewed 356 times

Well...they're old enough now, to sleep apart, obviously, so I roused the sleepy-eyed Bulan, and made him drag himself into his own BLUE, double bed! I'm pleased to say that both siblings slept the rest of the night away until they were well-rested.

Skytasia-Alpha01-042711-03.jpg
Skytasia-Alpha01-042711-03.jpg (88.94 KiB) Viewed 356 times

That brings me to one more comment for tonight. I would NOT change those beautiful vista scores at all, Meadow! I know I'm not generally a PLAYER, but I would say that it might STILL be pretty hard to keep your Skytasia Sims in the platinum. I ended up, for the purposes of testing, doing the testing cheats, and making their needs static. It was going to take longer than I had to spend, tonight, to cater to their needs, that were NOT getting very well fulfilled with me just running them around from place to place. ;-)

So there you have it for tonight.

It's definitely a GORGEOUS world, Meadow, and I think everyone is going to absolutely LOVE it. It's a LITTLE distracting to have them run downstairs to the ugly RH buildings, but I think if you DO develop some more activities in the ground areas of the buildings, that will change quite successfully.

Personally, once I download the finished world and install it, I'll take out the buildings and put in the rugs, so you may want to make sure that you also let people know of that possibility, and where they can find them, when you advertise the world.

Almost forgot! I wanted to make sure to let you know that I have found absolutely NOTHING displaced. The trees are where they should be, as far as I can tell, and everything looks as it should--in the parks, inside the lots, or wherever. I can see absolutely no problems with that, at all, and that's TREMENDOUS!!! :uhhuh:

More tomorrow.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » March 4th, 2014, 9:02 pm

Meadow--I'm not sure if you've seen this or not, and I'm not up to playing Sims tonight. It's been a long, long laundry day (all the bedding as well as the rest of the weekly laundry), and I'm really just exhausted.

I'll do some looking tomorrow, but I think mainly that you should try to pull in the borders if you can (I don't think you'd have to come in VERY much more, to make it work).

Then you should make sure that each RH lot is tagged with something that will PULL the Sims there, and then be sure that there are activities to go with the tags.

As far as I can tell, everything works smoothly, and I had absolutely no problems with the graphics. I didn't try it on my XP machine, but it doesn't seem to me as if the new machine runs TS3 much differently than my XP machine did, so I really don't think anyone will have any problems with the size of the world.

It's very beautiful, and I love this family. They are very much fun...lots of personality with both of them. ;-)
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Meadow9259 » March 4th, 2014, 9:03 pm

Thanks for the detailed write-ups, Linda. :friends: I actually saw it right away last night but didn't have time to reply then. Have a ton of stuff that I need to catch up on in the next few days, and then there's going to be all the headaches of dealing with my computers and backups and major installations and hoping the hardware keeps behaving. Not exactly very fun, and not looking forward to it. :ohno: I'll get you a detailed response when I can find some time - you know me, I have to do novel length posts! :uhhuh:
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » March 4th, 2014, 9:04 pm

It's OK...novel-length replies MUST be made in reply to novel-length posts! :rotfl:

I went out from here last night and just wanted to bury myself in "WoW for a couple of hours...only to find out that the night BEFORE (I'd forgotten the date) was PATCH DAY, so last night (because I don't do background patching due to our satellite lag which is so bad already I don't need something slowing things down even more in the background at any given time) I had to sit and wait for nearly an hour while the game got patched (over 100 MB of patch).

Then I had to go in and out discovering which of my add-ons were no longer working. I almost just quit and went to bed, but finally did get in an hour or so of playing.

Think I'm going to put Medieval on in just a few minutes.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Meadow9259 » March 4th, 2014, 9:06 pm

Absolutely! :yeah:

I've done similar with MMORPG's - it seems like they always have to go pushing out those big patches JUST when we want to play the most, doesn't it?

Probably don't have time to address everything right now, my eyelids are insisting on collapsing.

As far as the world edges showing, I don't have any masking paint in yet, at all. I've found that it gets in my way if I put it in, especially early, so I pretty much leave it for the last thing I do. But I think the edges ARE going to show, even then, because I only have a one boundary box barrier with the hills. I can't pull it in any farther than that, because then it would be on top of the lots. There's no wiggle room. =(

That is sweet with them insisting on sharing a bed. =) The TS3 Hansen siblings have been forced to share beds, even in their huge home, because I set it up with doubles instead of two singles per room. Perhaps Mulara and Bulan picked it up from them lol.

Oops on the door to the rear of the police station. :doh: And here I had gone back to double and triple check the lots before I sent it to you, too. It's pretty much the same with the diner :doh: - which should have been zoned Visitors Allowed to begin with, like all of the other lots that don't have specific lot type designators in CaW. Things like the graveyard have their own zoning, so I used that. Not sure how I managed to miss the zoning on the diner - which is showing as the default Community/Community in CaW. I pretty much always set the zoning right when or right after I place the lots. This is where it's good to have another pair of eyes double checking things! :uhhuh: It's like in TS2, where no matter how many times I triple checked a lot, I always managed to miss something like a garage light or side door into the garage or exterior lights.
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » March 4th, 2014, 9:07 pm

What's irritating, is that the zoning will CHANGE on you, even from game to game! I've had everything set EXACTLY the way I want it, then put the world into the game, and the game arbitrarily decides to change the zoning. So you very well MAY have that zoning as Visitors Allowed for the diner, and it just came out as an art gallery.

I had one lot in TMON that kept INSISTING that it was a gym...no matter what I did! That was very weird...there was simply no reason for it, whatsoever!

If you don't have any masking in there at all, I have a feeling that that one bounding box worth of masking MIGHT do the trick, because you have the mountains all around! You just might be able to get away with it! That's actually just about as much space as you can now go OUT away from the edges, so you might get lucky and have it go right up TO the edges, but not out any further! I'm eagerly looking forward to seeing what happens when you DO put some in!!! :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Meadow9259 » March 4th, 2014, 9:10 pm

Oof! I didn't know it would do that. What a pain! In this case, though, I checked the lot in CaW, and it is zoned incorrectly already, at the world level. It has the default options, so clearly I must have forgotten to set it up.

I imagine this world is going to have limited appeal. It's not a world that's going to work for most builders, although people who enjoy building fantasy should love it. It's not your traditional fantasy type setting, but that would provide the opportunity to build outside their normal ways. ;-) Also, I imagine the guys out there are probably cringing at all the pastel and such.

I had no idea the default water table was that far below the default land level. Although I probably should have guessed, given how steep the river banks are in Twin Rivers. :uhhuh: I'll try to remember to keep that in mind if I ever make another world.

Sorry about how much trouble you had finding Bivaria Gardens - I thought I had mentioned the regions and where they were located here before. It might have been a while ago, though. I also tend to assume people know the world I'm building as well as I do! :uhhuh: Bivaria Gardens is the region to the left, Lakona Streamlands is the one in the south quarter, and Ancena Oldlands is the one in the right quarter. The northern region is the Skyrit Mountains, and the center area with the public lots has been being referred to as Town Center lately. The world is divided out with an X, from each of the corners. Each region occupies one of the quarters the X makes.

I am planning to make world maps etc. Although as far as a world harvesting guide, I think I'm going to do something written for this world, because it's next to impossible to see the white spawners against the white clouds. I have to zoom in pretty close and turn on the spawner label tags to see anything at all. White backdrops definitely wreak havoc with the way CaW was expected to be used. Seeing the yellow boundaries on the community lots is also very difficult. For Twin Rivers, I'd been planning to take a screenshot showing where the spawners were and labeling them in some fashion, a bit similar to the way the Prima guides do it.

As far as Mulara and Bulan's transportation, I do tend to totally forget/ignore vehicles, driveways, garages, and the like. I almost never use them, since TS2 days, so as such I almost never build with them. I think a second car would be a bit odd with these small homes, unless they could do street parking like they do here. However, I don't see why a pair of bicycles would go amiss. They could always go out riding together. ;-)

That is ridiculously silly that we can't, at the very least, name the rabbit hole lots what we want to. EA seems to be big about taking away creativity and flexibility with TS3, and beyond. Not a good precedence to set for those of us who like to do things differently. :-( One of the things that made TS2 so great, in my opinion, was the sheer level of flexibility.

I can't say that I was thinking of attracting Sims to the custom buildings when I made them. I was trying to make them look semi-believable for their intended functions, which is impossible or next to impossible for a few of the lots. While doing that, I was trying to provide a few things for the actual played Sims visiting those lots to do. Partially to aid with set ups for pictures for storytelling and the like. I'm a bit concerned that if Sims are hanging out in the pseudo-rabbit hole lots there won't be enough of them to go around in the actual community lots. One of my test Sims did, autonomously, go into the theatre and sit down in front of one of the screens and start watching it, when I got distracted by the view up the hills. That was pretty neat. ;-) I also didn't realize that they wouldn't use anything beyond ground floor activities. The military base does have the pool and the gym equipment, and a few bookcases in the offices upstairs, as well as a TV, stereo, and bar in the lounge area up there. Most of the buildings in the world do have things like bookcases and computers. The City Hall has the Hall of Records upstairs, with bookcases and computers, that were intended for public use. I do very majorly miss the working restaurants from TS2. =(

At any rate, the world is pretty empty right now, maybe there'll be a bit more traffic on these lots once the residents start moving in. I'll keep an eye on things. You have some good ideas and suggestions there, I think. ;-) The idea of flagging the military base as a gym sounds pretty good, although that would probably make the single showers I ultimately put in a bit inadequate. I originally started off with three per restroom/locker room, but due to space limitations that eventually turned to one per. As mentioned, I'd need to see what trying to increase traffic to these lots would do to the others that are intended to be world hangouts. Also, I didn't realize rabbit hole lots could have a secondary flag on the lot type.

Bulan was set up, from the planning stages, to be in the law enforcement career, so that's why he's probably more of a natural. Mulara, on the other hand, had to have a job assigned to her at the last minute, just a few days ago, when I suddenly realized I had no plans for her. :uhhuh: After scrambling around a bit, and thinking about her personality and such, I decided on the diner, because she's a Natural Cook and because, being social and wanting to make friends, I figured the casual environment diner would be a good place for her to, story-wise, connect with the citizens of town. The Bistro I built is intended to be the more formal dining establishment. I didn't realize the Journalism career was considered social, that's the one I put Jaren in, and he's a bit of the geeky, loner type. Oops!

With the Beautiful Vista scores, I'll keep an eye on them during my planned month long playtest later and see how they work out. On one hand, I don't want to make it too easy to keep the Sims ecstatically happy all the time. On the other, it could help mitigate some of the damage from the increased travel times and also make it easier for players to pay attention to their Sims and writing and acting out their stories and such instead of constantly attending to needs. Plus, if they're building up lifetime points faster, they can buy teleporters and such. (Which brought up the idea that I hadn't thought of before that wouldn't implement well at this point in this world, but for a modern fantasy world there's no reason there couldn't be public teleporter stations to help Sims get around the world, assuming the game mechanics would allow them on community lots.) Also, I did intend for Skytasia to be a cheerful, uplifting place, so why shouldn't the citizens be a bit happier than normal?

That's a big relief that you didn't spot any sinkholes or what not opening up. ;-)

I'm guessing you haven't been back in since the other night because all of the nitwits out there and their malware. I was catching up on some other stuff, myself, including in EQ2, but that got slammed to a halt late last night, as you know, when they had to take all the SOE game servers down due to the recent massive hacking going on.
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby Meadow9259 » March 4th, 2014, 9:11 pm

Hmm...

Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » March 4th, 2014, 9:12 pm

Nope...I haven't yet been able to get back into the Sims. I have my stack of DVDs sitting right here beside me, to install tomorrow. Hooray! My new clean Windows 7 install is going well...no problems (other than the one thing I PMed you about, Meadow...already resolved).

I've reinstalled all the NECESSARY stuff, now. Tomorrow I will try to do BOTH Sims games and CaW. Then I'll actually be AHEAD of where I was a few days ago! :rotfl:

I think Skytasia is outstanding, Meadow! I love your Sims, too, and can hardly wait to get the others!!! I'm looking forward to seeing the genetic results of babies! :uhhuh:

I think I won't go in and try your Alpha version any more, because I really think it's just fine. But I will be looking forward to getting the final version before long, I hope.

Thank you for letting me see it in person, Meadow. It's just lovely!!! :joy:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Meadow9259 » March 4th, 2014, 9:13 pm

My hard drive clones today went, for the most part, without huge incident. And extremely to my surprise and shock, Windows 7 even booted off the cloned system drive without fussing! :joy: Considering all the massive headaches and refusals to boot when I tried to do the same thing with Vista a few years back, I wasn't expecting that.

At any rate, my new laptop is finally safely backed up, after over a year of living vicariously and very dangerously, so Skytasia shouldn't be getting lost due to my hard drive suddenly deciding to be ornery or something. ;-) Unless both copies decide to be ornery at once, of course... :uhhuh: *knocks on wood*
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » March 4th, 2014, 9:16 pm

This post contains some very interesting information about how to get actual starter lots for your Sims, while building in CaW!

Thought of something else to try after I started thinking about depreciation starters awhile back. I just tested it really quick, and to my amazement it worked! JOY

Apparently the "Additional Value" field on lots in CaW allows negative numbers. I set it to -2,000, and voila! Problem solved. Jaren's house is now within budget, and then some. ;-) I also did it to an empty lot next to his, and this looks a bit weird, since these lots only cost 1,200, so it showed as 0 cost. I'll play around and think about this some but I'll probably be setting all the starter lots in Skytasia (and any future worlds) to somewhere between -2,000 to -4,000. I had enough trouble trying to make starters in TS2 within the 20,000 budget - the 16,000 budget for a single Sim in TS3 has been killing me. :uhhuh:

It seems a bit weird to have negative values on lots in a world like this, there aren't exactly any slums in town. But it can always be said that the town council gives out free land to citizens just getting started out with their first home, or something. And the extra beyond land value can be city grants toward the costs of their first new home. ;-)

Although I would still like to know about the depreciation starters for future reference.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » March 4th, 2014, 9:18 pm

Sure...you have to do it the old way, since there is no "magic wand" that I know of for TS3, unfortunately.

I did NOT know that about CaW, though. I will DEFINITELY be taking advantage of that, from now on!!! Oh...great ideas pouring forth in my brain!!!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Skytasia