Hope Springs Beta

The town of Hope Springs is located along the coastline and is nestled amidst a mountain range. Its residents value beauty and appreciate the simple pleasures of life, including spending time with family, friends, and nature. Peace, joy, hope, love, and tranquility reign here. Attracted by all the many flowers surrounding the homes, many butterflies also make their homes here. (Dedicated to Hillcrest 1414). This is a public forum.

Moderator: Meadow9259

Re: Hope Springs Beta

Postby lindawing » March 8th, 2014, 7:26 pm

Meadow9259 wrote:..."visiting a martial arts academy for the first time". All these years I've thought that Academy meant school...

REALLY??? It's for Martial Arts?!!! I had no idea! Now I have to look at the one in Christmas Quilt, because it's coded that way! Wow! :wow:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Meadow9259 » March 8th, 2014, 7:26 pm

I had absolutely no idea, either. Twin Rivers, Skytasia, every world I've made I've been coding school lots as Academy. :doh: I'd still be blissfully in the dark if I hadn't been semi-playtesting Hope Springs without RHs placed and saw the odd map tag, which is normally overwritten by the school RH tag (plus the fact that I have usually done everything building and playing base game only) and even then I had no clue what it really was until the memory popped up. I guess memories are good for something, eh?
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby psychedelicsim » March 8th, 2014, 7:27 pm

I thought Academy meant school, too! I had also thought base camp meant Military Base until recently. :doh:
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » March 8th, 2014, 7:27 pm

:rotfl:

I love that having the base camp in CQ has resulted in TOURISTS coming into the world! That MAY be because I have Traveler installed, but I'm not sure! Melody, if you find tourists in your CQ world when you begin playing it, will you let us know, please?
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Meadow9259 » March 8th, 2014, 7:27 pm

Just a quick sample of the world cover. This won't actually be it. For one thing, CaW requires world pictures to be shrunk and blurred into oblivion - 256x256. (Normal assets of other types allow pics of 512x512.) So the text is going to be tiny, blurry, and probably impossible to read. Pictures also have to be perfect squares, so I either have to add borders on top and bottom or cut out half the picture from the sides.

[img width=600 height=450]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x67/Meadow9259/HopeSprings-CoverSample.png[/img]
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » March 8th, 2014, 7:28 pm

I know you'll make it come out the best you can, Meadow. I love that font you used!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Meadow9259 » March 8th, 2014, 7:28 pm

I'm glad I found the font. :-) I was looking for something pretty, to go along with the beauty of Wendy's lots.

So... 24 hours to take a bunch of screenshots and choose a cover picture for the world... with all the pictures that have been taken thus far looking so beautiful... equals tons of indecisiveness. :ohno:

So... how fast can everyone vote up a poll? lol
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby Meadow9259 » March 8th, 2014, 7:29 pm

I actually managed to come up with something I liked... I'm shocked lol.

Ended up going with the shot I used for the sample, although I did retake it. It just seems the best angle, position, and such to show off both the houses and the world, overall.

Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » March 8th, 2014, 7:29 pm

That is one of the prettiest world shots I have ever seen, Meadow, and so perfect for a Wendy-themed world! Lovely work! :joy:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby psychedelicsim » March 8th, 2014, 7:30 pm

It's perfect, Meadow! :uhhuh: :friends:
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Meadow9259 » March 8th, 2014, 7:30 pm

Well, apparently CaW can also spontaneously decide to eat trees for no reason. :ohno: I just shifted a few trees, and one of them went bye bye between the time I shifted it and saved, and the time the revised beta made it into the game. :ohno:
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby Meadow9259 » March 8th, 2014, 7:31 pm

A download link has been added to the Hope Springs post in the tributes to Wendy section. Right now it's only the link to my website, since I'm sure it's about 99% more reliable than the official site.

I managed to accidentally add an extra space in Wendy's user name in the official world description, even though I checked it several times. :doh: That's what happens when I stay up several hours past my usually bedtime trying to get things released in a hurry.
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » March 8th, 2014, 7:31 pm

It's par for the course. It seems like every time I release a world I have to do it several times in order to get it right.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby KrazyAngelKat81 » March 8th, 2014, 7:31 pm

Wonderful! :-)
KrazyAngelKat81
Infant
Infant

Postby lindawing » March 8th, 2014, 7:32 pm

Sarah commented...

I'm really excited to Download this World and play it, I had to do my Sims 3 over because it was playing slow. I was wondering if we still have a place to Download our Self-Sims? I was thinking of putting mine in Hope Springs to live with all your self-sims, I'll take a look and see if I can find them. I love Wendy's Homes and I'm really glad you put them into Sims 3 Meadow, an into a world all their own, thankyou for doing this and making it so we can all keep a little part of Wendy close to our hearts forever.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Hope Springs