Hope Springs Beta

The town of Hope Springs is located along the coastline and is nestled amidst a mountain range. Its residents value beauty and appreciate the simple pleasures of life, including spending time with family, friends, and nature. Peace, joy, hope, love, and tranquility reign here. Attracted by all the many flowers surrounding the homes, many butterflies also make their homes here. (Dedicated to Hillcrest 1414). This is a public forum.

Moderator: Meadow9259

Hope Springs Beta

Postby Meadow9259 » March 8th, 2014, 7:18 pm

Please post anything regarding the beta of Hope Springs to this thread. Thank you.

Things to check:

1) Swimming (Seasons)

2) Taking a picture of the rainbow so I can position it properly, spawner is on the center strip of land in the world, if the ornery thing ever decides to spawn for a change... I'm hoping maybe with Seasons it might be more inclined to spawn after a rainy day or such

3) Making a list of which of Wendy's lots need changes/fixes for Hope Springs and what changes/fixes they need (This can wait til after the official world release, I won't have time to get the lots out before then anyway, so no rush)

4) Looking for any routing problems/lot tears/incorrectly named or zoned lots etc

I had a list of things to check and such, but right now my mind is drawing a big, fat blank. :doh:
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Re: Hope Springs Beta

Postby Meadow9259 » March 8th, 2014, 7:19 pm

Here's the placement guide for where I put Wendy's lots for Hope Springs. I believe I didn't tweak it yet for having to add in a lot in the upper 20x30 section. That only shifted a few of the very highest lot numbers, though, so most of them should still be accurate.

http://www.meadowbrookhomesforsims.com/ ... wlots.html
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby Meadow9259 » March 8th, 2014, 7:19 pm

I finally found four tiny little green spots in the beach and painted them over, all were near each other. I think I wasn't zoomed in closely enough before. :uhhuh: I hope those were the ones you mentioned, Linda, but if not please post a picture of where you found them.

I tried reseating the two beach lots that you mentioned, Linda, but when I did the tears got majorly worse, so I reverted back to the old save file.
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » March 8th, 2014, 7:19 pm

Yup...four little dots. That would be them. :uhuh: :joy:

I agree about the resetting of those lots. No biggie.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Meadow9259 » March 8th, 2014, 7:20 pm

Fixes needed for lots:

2 Cherry Tree Lane - Delete rogue fish spawner
129 Forest Ridge - Missing Lot Name (30x30)
9 Hillview Lane - Missing Lot Name (20x30)
5 Swallow Road - Mailbox Stuck

Kingston - Fix lights
Regent House - Delete rogue fish spawner
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » March 8th, 2014, 7:20 pm

Are these just notes for yourself, or do you need help with those?
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Meadow9259 » March 8th, 2014, 7:20 pm

Mostly notes to myself... compiling a list of whatever any of us finds on the lots that need fixing. I could also use some help going through the lots and marking down what needs fixing.

In the long run, if anyone wants to help fix the things that need fixing, it would be much appreciated. Some of the fixed lots from Hillcrest will work in Hope Springs, too, but because of the nature of how EA did things a lot of them probably won't. Terrain paint shifting will vary by world, there's four different ways it will shift. Missing terrain paints can be transferred over, but will likely end up shifting. Broken lights weren't broken in Hillcrest, so will still need to be repaired.
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » March 8th, 2014, 7:21 pm

OK...I'm downloading your save file. Commented there. :friends:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Meadow9259 » March 8th, 2014, 7:21 pm

Oof... I just realized tonight that it's barely over two weeks until Dec. 8th. I'll never get this all tested and finallized in time. :ohno: And there should have been time to spare, with how early I was practically in beta to the goal I set!

'Twas the malware destroying my laptop OS that did this... :frustrated: Still have several months worth of work to get that all back up and running fully again. Plus a bunch of fighting with DRMs on everything and the next thing nowadays... and limited installations... as if just having to reinstall and try to figure out where the heck it hid all my game save data wasn't more than enough already! :frustrated:
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » March 8th, 2014, 7:22 pm

It's OK, Meadow! We'll just declare the whole month of December as Hillcrest month! How's that?

Plus, if you make the beta version officially available to everyone, maybe you'll get more testers.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Meadow9259 » March 8th, 2014, 7:22 pm

A wee bit of testing cheats to bump lifetime happiness points (because I forgot to download Michael to install on here)... a wee bit of weather machine... a wee bit of rain... and less than five minutes later... :joy:

[img width=600 height=450]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x67/Meadow9259/HopeSprings_Rainbow1.jpg[/img]

I don't really know for sure if this is MY rainbow, though. It seems... odd. The placement doesn't look anything at all like my spawner location, really, and it shifts around like mad. I'm wondering now if perhaps this isn't from the spawner at all, just some random thing. Or if the spawner doesn't serve as an anchor.

(Oh, and where can I find the drainage ditches in CaW, because Hope Springs is clearly lacking in drainage... :wow: )
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby Meadow9259 » March 8th, 2014, 7:23 pm

Ah ok... I just saw it in Map View. I can see the position much better in that view, and there I can see the spawner is around the center of the rainbow. I think I just need to rotate it a wee little bit, and I'll be good to go. ;-)
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby Meadow9259 » March 8th, 2014, 7:24 pm

Beh, never mind the last post thinking I understood it lol... :wow: The center point does look like the location of the spawner, but the ends rotate according to the direction the camera is facing. So I guess that means it's good where it is... and it means the kamikaze rainbow spawner in Twin Rivers might not be quite so kamikaze after all...
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » March 8th, 2014, 7:24 pm

Aha! THAT explains the slightly more unobtrusive and gentle color set, and the full rainbow! The Seasons-generated ones WITHOUT spawners all seem to be half rainbows, with much more blatant and hard colors and blending! I like the spawned one MUCH better, though they all look pretty when they show up! :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Meadow9259 » March 8th, 2014, 7:25 pm

List of changes made:

Changed undesignated zone type on Lot C-22 to Visitors Allowed
Changed zone type of school lot from Academy to Visitors Allowed
Tweaked Sim-nonroutable paint slightly
Touched up snow caps
Painted ocean floor and river beds

I noticed that the school lot was showing some oriental looking map tag in the game when the school wasn't placed yet. When Mindy Felton later attended the newly plopped down school RH for the first time, she got a memory for "visiting a martial arts academy for the first time". All these years I've thought that Academy meant school. Oops. :uhhuh:

I painted the bottoms of the ocean and rivers because I noticed the water is now on the translucent side and looked greenish. The river painting I couldn't do all that well because of the way I painted the banks.
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Next

Return to Hope Springs