Older Discussion About Hope Springs, from NS

The town of Hope Springs is located along the coastline and is nestled amidst a mountain range. Its residents value beauty and appreciate the simple pleasures of life, including spending time with family, friends, and nature. Peace, joy, hope, love, and tranquility reign here. Attracted by all the many flowers surrounding the homes, many butterflies also make their homes here. (Dedicated to Hillcrest 1414). This is a public forum.

Moderator: Meadow9259

Re: Older Discussion About Hope Springs, from NS

Postby Meadow9259 » March 3rd, 2014, 1:04 am

Thanks, Carrie! :friends:

Linda: :joy: :-) :joy: :-) :joy:
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » March 3rd, 2014, 1:07 am

Jacqui commented...

Meadow9259 wrote:Just happened to stumble across this view and really liked it.

Meadow I have just stumbled to this post and I am glad I have it has taken my breath away it is an amazing world you have done wonderful job so far HuGs♥
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Meadow9259 » March 3rd, 2014, 1:37 am

Thank you, Jacq. :friends: I've been working really hard to try to make this world a fitting tribute for Wendy.
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » March 3rd, 2014, 1:37 am

Jacqui commented...

You really have captured her beautifully. You can see all the love that u have poured into it. HuGs♥
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Meadow9259 » March 3rd, 2014, 1:38 am

:friends:

Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » March 3rd, 2014, 1:39 am

Praying for you about the tearing problems, and hoping they won't come up again! It's looking so beautiful, Meadow!!!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Meadow9259 » March 3rd, 2014, 1:39 am

Thanks, Linda. :friends: The tears have definitely been the major stress of me in this world. :frustrated: I thought I had finally ironed them all out months ago, after the two weeks of eight hour days fighting them, but lo and behold, I found five more areas with tears in the past week. One of them was extremely, extremely bad and affected a large area - the bottom and middle tiers between the beach and the main town area, including nearly twenty lots - and was particularly hard to battle because of the beach on one side and the mountains on the other. I completed an extremely in-depth, close scour of the entire world a few days ago. Unfortunately, I found another tear near the end of that, so now I get to start all over again. :ohno:

It's very hard to believe this world is so close to beta, now. Just need to finish the trees and spawners, and insert the three bridges. Shouldn't take all that long - it would probably already have been in beta a week ago if it hadn't been for the two big problems with the monitor and the lot tears showing up. I've been thinking of releasing it in early December. Figured that would be a good time for it, since it's become a memorial tribute. That would also allow a little time for testing with Seasons.

I'm so very, very happy that I finally managed to get the snowcaps on the mountains to cooperate and look nice :joy: - I had been struggling with those for a very long time, and had repainted them from scratch several times over already.

Anyway, there's another double exp weekend starting up in EQ2 tomorrow, so I've been preparing for that the past few days - cleaning up my bags, making shurikens and food/drink for my monk, getting the few exp potions I have have distributed to the two chars I plan to grind AA on, and stocking up my broker boxes with the stuff that tends to fly off the shelves during double exp weekends. Once it's over I'll get back to Hope Springs, and hopefully get it into beta within a week or so. Assuming all heck hasn't and doesn't break loose with the lot tears again, and assuming I manage to tolerate my monitor that long.
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby FaithfulApostle » March 3rd, 2014, 1:40 am

Oh, Meadow, this is just looking better and better. You've made a lot of progress and each time I see it I just can't wait to see it when it's done. It's just beautiful. :joy:
FaithfulApostle
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kruimel76 » March 3rd, 2014, 1:41 am

Love the view and the lay-out ;-)
kruimel76
Infant
Infant

Postby Meadow9259 » March 3rd, 2014, 1:41 am

Thanks, Faithy and Floor. :friends:

The spawners are now in, just need to do the bridges and finish the trees. ;-)
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby Debra » March 3rd, 2014, 1:41 am

It's looking fantastic!!
Debra
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Meadow9259 » March 3rd, 2014, 1:42 am

Thanks, Deb. :friends:

The bridges are being a royal pain. :ohno: Can't say I wasn't anticipating that lol.

Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby KrazyAngelKat81 » March 3rd, 2014, 1:42 am

Wow they might be a pain but it looks great!
KrazyAngelKat81
Infant
Infant

Postby psychedelicsim » March 3rd, 2014, 1:43 am

I agree! Nice work, Meadow. :-)
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Meadow9259 » March 3rd, 2014, 1:44 am

Thanks Kat, Carrie. :friends: It really is amazing just how ornery the terrain adjustments are in CaW. :rolleyes:

I got the bridges in late last night. The trees were finished a few days ago. All I need to add now is the rocks along the riverbanks next to the bridges. Then there will be minor tweaking of the trees and such once I get in the world and see how it looks in reality (in-game not in CaW) and with the lots in place. And, of course, there's the extremely dreaded, hopefully final, check for lot tears that may have opened up, anywhere throughout the world, when I raised the riverbanks to add the bridges. Because I most definitely was not liking the extreme adjustments the game was showing made throughout the world for such small areas of change... :ohno:

The world is looking quite beautiful now. :-) I've started wasting way too much time ogling the scenery. :uhhuh: Can't wait to get Wendy's lots into this version and see how it looks with them in here. I think Wendy's beautiful lots can make even a trashy looking world look beautiful.

Also dying to get in here and actually play in this world. A world filled with Wendy's lots is a dream come true for me. :joy: Of course, in technicality, I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do at that stage, since I haven't found any homes yet that are anywhere near big enough for my insanely huge families. :uhhuh: I may end up having to play in the tribute one I built for her, which I made a point of making with enough beds to house one of my families.
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

PreviousNext

Return to Hope Springs