Older Discussion About Hope Springs, from NS

The town of Hope Springs is located along the coastline and is nestled amidst a mountain range. Its residents value beauty and appreciate the simple pleasures of life, including spending time with family, friends, and nature. Peace, joy, hope, love, and tranquility reign here. Attracted by all the many flowers surrounding the homes, many butterflies also make their homes here. (Dedicated to Hillcrest 1414). This is a public forum.

Moderator: Meadow9259

Re: Older Discussion About Hope Springs, from NS

Postby lindawing » March 3rd, 2014, 1:57 am

Oy! So...what will be in the beta world? Would I just have to add a few of Wendy's lots and try things out that way, or...? I do remember, now, that you were saying something about December, but I had forgotten. I'm sorry!

I'll do it, Meadow. I didn't mean to conk out on you. Just tell me how you want me to test, and I'll be sure to make the time. :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » March 3rd, 2014, 1:57 am

I just jumped here from the new forum and topic for the world, Meadow. I didn't post anything there, because I figure you'd rather we don't, until you're ready for that.

I think I can make you a moderator there, and then the topic can be locked until you're ready to open it. Shall I do that?
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Meadow9259 » March 3rd, 2014, 1:58 am

That'd probably be good, Linda.

At this point, I'm officially giving up on the rocks, at least for now. I spent all of yesterday and several hours the day before placing rocks and more rocks and yet more rocks, to the point that my head felt like it had been pounded in by those rocks, and yet I barely made a dent in the amount of time and work involved. :rolleyes:

I really love the way they look, and I really don't like the way the banks look without them, which is why I've been so stubborn and reluctant to give up on them, which I really should have done the second I realized just how many rocks and time it would take to do what I wanted. :uhhuh:
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » March 3rd, 2014, 1:59 am

Oh, man! I was hoping you'd be able to keep the rocks. They look so GREAT! Ah well...that's the way it goes. Sometimes things just don't work out as we thought we wanted them too.

I've now made you the moderator for Hope Springs. You should be able to do just about anything in there, including locking and unlocking, stickying and unstickying, etc. :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Meadow9259 » March 3rd, 2014, 1:59 am

Thanks, Linda. :friends:

I really want to keep those rocks badly, too. They really do look great. You haven't even seen the full effect I intended yet. But aside from the sheer amount of time and effort it's been taking to put them in, there's still the concern about having 1,500+ objects in a world, especially crammed into such a small area. It's going to take a lot more time, and a lot more testing, to do them properly, and then make sure they don't break the world (or see if they do). Maybe I'll try again later, maybe with a future version of the world. I can always release a v1.1 to my website later on, even if EA doesn't like us to revise the versions on our SimPages. :uhhuh:

Do you want the official beta version or do you just want to stick with the version you have now? There's the matter of the sheer size of the world and there's the matter that I won't be able to upload anything to my website until the new wireless adapter for my desktop gets here.
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » March 3rd, 2014, 1:59 am

I'd rather have the full beta version if that's OK. Your adapter should be there Wednesday or Thursday, if I'm recalling correctly...?

Since I'm working right now to get all the RH lots done for Christmas Quilt, that timing will be better for me. After that I can spend more time with Hope Springs. I don't need to work on Winter Island until mid-November. Most of it's already done. It will just be fine-tuning there. Since the world itself will be cloned from Autumn Island, the rest of it will go pretty quickly.

So if you will upload the beta for me as soon as your new adapter arrives, that timing should work pretty well for me. :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Meadow9259 » March 3rd, 2014, 2:00 am

You told me the adapter should be in on the 30th. I'm hoping maybe it'll get here a day or two sooner. *has fingers crossed* Probably depends where they ship from, as well. If it's on the east coast somewhere, things tend to arrive sooner than stated. There's only so long the shipping companies can hold up a shipment from New Jersey or New York or whatnot. If it's coming from California, it'll probably take just as long as they say. I'm guessing it will be coming USPS, though?

If you're fine with the 40 MB download and the wait time, you can have the official beta export. I just know how your internet connection is. :uhhuh:
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » March 3rd, 2014, 2:00 am

Today is the last day of my really limited data download...at least if all goes well and the local installer company follows through and does my new installation tomorrow as scheduled. I think they will. I'm waiting, today, for a callback from the guy who has been working with me on this, just to make sure that they are still on schedule. I left him a message about an hour ago. I'm pretty sure it's good to go. I sure hope so, because tomorrow's weather looks to be about the only good day for it, until the weekend. Even at that, they've moved up the wet weather forecast by a day, and it now says "drizzles" for tomorrow, when it WAS saying partly cloudy! Sure wish they were coming out this afternoon, instead...well...it's now headed into early evening, but it would have been a great day for it to get done!

They longer it gets put off, now, the more chance we'll have of snow and ice on that steeply-pitched roof! It needs to get done tomorrow!!!

Anyway...the download will be fine, and the wait is OK. I'd rather have the full beta, please.

Tiger Direct doesn't always take to the last minute of the proposed shipping range. If it says 5-10 working days, it could just as easily come earlier. Let me see if it's been shipped yet.

Well, in this case, it now says your items is coming to you direct from a third-party merchant, and should arrive in 7-10 days from the order date (the 19th). Sigh. That's why the longer wait. So...it COULD arrive possibly as early as Friday, but...
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Meadow9259 » March 3rd, 2014, 2:01 am

Oh... with my orders, they tend to arrive on the earlier part of the shipping range, usually. Unless they ship from California or elsewhere on the west coast. But most of the companies I order from have multiple warehouses or are on the east coast so things usually get here faster. Direct from a third party merchant, though... that sounds like it'll likely be west coast. Most computer stuff is way out there.
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » March 3rd, 2014, 2:01 am

I know...yuck! If it came from Tiger Direct itself, it would be coming from Illinois, and you'd probably have it already! Darn it!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Meadow9259 » March 3rd, 2014, 2:01 am

Or possibly North Carolina, even. I saw that listed on their list of states they collect sales tax in, and that usually indicates a warehouse or some such in the state.

*smacks her laptop, hard - at least let me connect to the internet through you, you had no reason to stop all of a sudden, you aggravating OS!*
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby Meadow9259 » March 3rd, 2014, 2:02 am

It's in! :joy: They lied when they said a week from today. I thought that sounded way too long with the speed things ship nowadays. :uhhuh: Shipped from Pennsylvania, UPS Ground. Now hopefully the malware didn't manage to sneak onto my desktop from my laptop. I'm going to run a scan just to be sure, before I go trusting my desktop connection. But hopefully by this time tomorrow I'll have a secure internet connection once again.

Once I have the desktop up and running I get to go through the extreme pleasure (not) of wiping and starting my laptop over from scratch. Fun. (Not.)
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » March 3rd, 2014, 2:02 am

Wish you didn't have to go through it, Meadow, but it sure sounds as if you'd better!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Meadow9259 » March 3rd, 2014, 2:03 am

The adapter was a pretty much complete bust, and since my laptop decided to stop allowing the desktop to connect through it's internet connection all of a sudden, I'm still without internet on my desktop, and not likely to get it anytime soon. :yikes:
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » March 3rd, 2014, 2:03 am

I'm sorry, Meadow!!!

I can find out about sending the adapter back to Tiger Direct if you want. Let me know.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Hope Springs