Discussion

The town of Hope Springs is located along the coastline and is nestled amidst a mountain range. Its residents value beauty and appreciate the simple pleasures of life, including spending time with family, friends, and nature. Peace, joy, hope, love, and tranquility reign here. Attracted by all the many flowers surrounding the homes, many butterflies also make their homes here. (Dedicated to Hillcrest 1414). This is a public forum.

Moderator: Meadow9259

Discussion

Postby Meadow9259 » February 28th, 2014, 9:08 am

Please post any comments, questions, or discussions here, so that the download threads stay orderly. Thank you.
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Re: Discussion

Postby lindawing » February 28th, 2014, 9:09 am

Gotcha!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Meadow9259 » February 28th, 2014, 9:09 am

The download link for the main world file from my website has been added to the Hope Springs post.
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » February 28th, 2014, 9:09 am

Woohoo!!! :joy:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » February 28th, 2014, 9:10 am

Sarrah commented...

I downloaded the World from the Hope Springs post but it is empty, is there a Save file or a populated World version yet? I cleaned my game all up, was so excited and installed Hope Springs thinking I'd get to play, removed all my CC and I loaded up a clean game just to play Hope Springs and it was empty. :ohno:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » February 28th, 2014, 9:11 am

Sarah--I know there's a saved game to download, somewhere, but I can't find the link. Meadow sent me the link a while back, and I downloaded it, but now I can't find the link, and I'm thinking she may have removed it, because she wasn't happy with the way it got archived.

Meadow--would it be OK if I uploaded the save from my game?
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Sarrah commented...

It's ok I found the beta save so I'm playing it and placing my own lot's until Meadow gets the lots she wants made for the World.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Sarah--where did you find the beta save? Could you repost the link here? I looked and looked and couldn't find it!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » February 28th, 2014, 9:12 am

Sarrah commented...

I had the Beta Save backed up on my Computer since my Game crashes often I save a lot an copy the Save to a new location. I'll put the original Beta Save up here for you it's one that I've made no changes to.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ohaz6ov22d9o1ez
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » February 28th, 2014, 9:12 am

Thanks, Sarah. I have Melody's world save in my game, but I can't find the e-mail or PM where she sent me the link. Maybe some others can use your link to play the world. :joy:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » February 28th, 2014, 9:13 am

Sarrah commented...

Linda how are you finding Hope Springs to run on your Computer? Do you still find it takes a bit to load?
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » February 28th, 2014, 9:13 am

No, actually, Sarah, for me it comes up pretty quickly and runs quite smoothly. I only have one Sim in it, though, and haven't played it for more than about an hour, so it doesn't show any lag at this point.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Meadow9259 » February 28th, 2014, 9:14 am

Eek... sorry guys. :uhhuh: I've been running ragged the past few months, I'm not even sure why, and haven't really checked in here much for over a month. So just saw your posts now.

Been in EQ2 trying to get everything I want to get done for Frostfell done, it's over in two days and I still have a list about a mile long :ohno: then I have to download/save a bunch of stuff from TS2.com before they take the site down shortly after that (if I remember the date correctly) then the new semester for college starts up on the 14th. Trying to take at least 2 or 3 classes, because I've been forced out so long that they're about to deenroll me. (They apparently have some classes that allow taking tests at home now through a site called ProctorU. Although one of the 3 classes I need to finish my 1 year certificate program that I've been working on for several years doesn't allow it.) And I still haven't gotten my laptop recovered from the malware that destroyed my OS a few months back and still don't have access to most of my data. :frustrated:

I keep thinking I'll have more time soon but then everything keeps right on being crazy. :rolleyes:

Anyway... I'm thinking once I can find some time I'll make a new save game with Wendy's lots posted as is, for people to use until I can get all the repairs that are needed made to her lots. I had decided to make it a month ago, shortly after I released the world, but just haven't found the time.

The current save game, that was made for the last beta version of the world, actually shocked me and loaded with the first release export of the world. I tried it once just out of curiosity. I noticed it placed the few trees I shifted slightly in the release version in the old beta locations, and that it takes a million times longer to load than it should - so long that I thought it crashed - probably because it's seeing anomalies in the world data file, compared to what it expects to find. The world ID codes are the same for both exports, and the changes made between the two were minor, so that's probably why it works at all.

It should still be posted in the thread in Our Town where I posted the beta download and the two lots I completed but didn't test yet, Linda.
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » February 28th, 2014, 9:14 am

I thought I looked there, but I missed it, somehow. Sarah found it, though, so we're good for now. :uhhuh:

Hope you get some time to relax, Meadow!!! :wow:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Meadow9259 » February 28th, 2014, 9:15 am

That would definitely be a good thing. :rolleyes:
Meadow9259
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Next

Return to Hope Springs