GGG--The Railroad (2016/2017 Personal Challenge)

I've gotten interested in creating Challenge and/or Adventure Maps for Minecraft. As I learn more about these and have creations to offer, they will be posted here.

GGG--The Railroad (2016/2017 Personal Challenge)

Postby lindawing » June 9th, 2016, 1:08 am

I have decided on a long-term personal challenge for myself, that I'll be inviting others to share if they like. Though anyone may use any map they prefer (either random or perhaps a favorite seed), I thought I'd share the seed for the map I'm using, in case anyone would like to use it as well, and then compare results.

My Seed...

I've attached the .rtf file with the complete rules/guidelines I've set for myself, that anyone should easily be able to follow. An .rtf file will open on any computer, in any software that will do word processing. I had thought to export a .pdf file, but decided that .rtf would be easier for anyone to use.

The rules are flexible, and this challenge may be played out any way anyone likes. I have certain things that I'm interested in learning and experiencing for myself during the time (which may be months) that I'll be doing this challenge. Others may want to add or subtract things, but still do the basic challenge, which is to create a Main (central) Depot and four straight rail lines (N, E, S, & W) that extend 1000 blocks from four specified meeting points radiating from the center of the Main Depot. There will also be 12 Whistle Stops (http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-whi5.htm) created...three on each directional railway. Once all the rails, depots, and whistle stops are complete, the challenge is over. This could mean a lot of different things for different players. ;-)

The Rules/Guidelines...
TheRailroad-GGGPersonalChallenge-Guidelines.rtf
(8.01 KiB) Downloaded 20 times

- - - - - - - - - -

I'll be posting episodes as I publish them on YouTube...probably two 20-minute episodes a week, depending on time available.

Episode 1...

Episode 2...

Episode 3...

Episode 4...[/b[

[b]Episode 5...

Episode 6...

Episode 7...

Episode 8...

Episode 9...

Episode 10...

Episode 11...

Episode 12...

Episode 13...

Episode 14...

Episode 15...

Episode 16...

Episode 17...

Episode 18...

Episode 19...

Episode 20...

Episode 21...
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Re: GGG--The Railroad (2016 Personal Challenge)

Postby Ahsitael » June 11th, 2016, 4:04 pm

Whistle stops make me think of Fried Green Tomatoes. This sounds like something my boyfriend would like. I'm terrible at survival. Plus just started what's turning into a massive castle thing. Gotta get some screen shots up. Will definitely be following along though!
Where words fail, music speaks.
Ahsitael
Infant
Infant

Postby lindawing » June 11th, 2016, 7:57 pm

Oh, gosh! LOL. I hated that movie! :lol:

I love castles, though! Would love to see some screenshots!

If you know anyone who likes survival challenges, let them know. ;-)
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » June 11th, 2016, 7:59 pm

What in the world? They've removed my video for violating terms of service! Hopefully I'll be able to get this figured out!

EDIT: I think it was due to my link in the description, to an article about Whistle Stops. Either that, or it was because I linked to this topic, instead of linking directly to the .rtf file itself.

I've appealed the decision, but I'm also rewriting the description and trying again.

EDIT: That's what it was. I got a warning about linking to sites that would draw a person away from YouTube. In the TOS, it's pretty obvious that the INTENT of that rule was that people wouldn't be putting down or degrading YouTube and trying to entice people to other websites (presumably where other types of videos are being shown).

The person who e-mailed me mentioned the first line of that part of the TOS, but nothing else. I went and read that whole paragraph over again, plus the guidelines that they have posted, as well (which I had read before, and didn't think I'd done anything wrong).

Anyway...their software that evidently catches stuff, found "too many links to other websites" in my description. In my appeal I had already mentioned that the link to the site that tells about Whistle Stops is just about the definition of word origins...it had nothing at all to do with a site that was trying to make people leave YouTube. Also, the link to my own forum for the .rtf file was simply to get that file.

By the time they wrote and told me I wasn't going to get any "demerits" or anything like that, but that I should check all my videos for stuff that would pull the trigger for future removals, I had already made the second upload with the rewritten description, which cleared without a problem. I unlinked to anything specific about Whistle Stops, and suggested that people Google the term if they are interested in learning more. It's not a link, and there's no way YouTube personnel could grip about people using their own search software to find a definition! :rolleyes:

Then I changed the link for the .rtf file to a DIRECT link, so that people never will see the forum, which is fine with me. It's a different audience that might come here to look for that file. When the YouTube watchers click the link, all they get is the usual question, asking where the file should be saved, and boom...it's over, and they're still on YouTube without ever leaving the page.

I decided NOT to change my three links at the bottom of every one of my videos, because they are links giving credit to other things connected with Minecraft (or EA). I'm SUPPOSED to give credit to the people who make my resource pack, I'm SUPPOSED to give credit to any mods I use (the only one I use is Optifine), and I'm SUPPOSED to give information about the copyright policies from either Minecraft of EA.

If I never add any OTHER links to anything (except a file, occasionally) to my descriptions, everything should be fine. I've uploaded videos now, for over a year, with those other three links, and nothing has ever triggered the removal of any of my videos except this last one.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » June 18th, 2016, 7:12 am

Episodes 1, 2, and 3, are now posted at the end of the first post in this topic.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » June 22nd, 2016, 6:09 am

Episodes 4 & 5 are posted at the end of this post:

viewtopic.php?f=109&t=3197&p=24635#p24635
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » June 25th, 2016, 9:00 am

Episode 6 is posted at the end of this post:

lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » June 28th, 2016, 10:28 am

Episode 7 is posted at the end of this post:

lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » July 2nd, 2016, 8:03 am

Episode 8 is posted at the end of this post:

lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » July 13th, 2016, 7:38 am

Episodes #9 and #10 are posted at the end of this post:

lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » September 13th, 2016, 11:48 am

Episodes 11-14 are up, here (scroll down to the end of the post):

lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » October 8th, 2016, 10:10 am

Episode #15 is up, here (scroll down to the end of the post):

lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Return to LL--Minecraft