GGG--Minecraft 1.13 Tutorials

I've gotten interested in creating Challenge and/or Adventure Maps for Minecraft. As I learn more about these and have creations to offer, they will be posted here.

GGG--Minecraft 1.13 Tutorials

Postby lindawing » September 5th, 2018, 11:28 am

PHANTOMS...

Entire Playlist (All Tutorials)...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbB2czO ... UZ0adG_4-2

Download a Custom Recipe for using Phantom Membranes and a Feather, to craft an Elytra!
MyDataPack-PhantomsTutorial.zip
(1.25 KiB) Downloaded 1 time

Here's how to make it work in any saved 1.13 game (NOTE...this is for the Windows Java Game only):

(1) Download the .zip file above.
(2) The file you need inside the .zip is already in the complete folder you need, so just unzip it to a safe place, and you'll have a folder named MyDataPack. Each time you want to use it in a map, you have to put it into the saved game folder for that map, so you will want to keep your safe copy somewhere you can find it easily to COPY it to put it into the game.
(3) Open this location: C/Users/yourusername/AppData/Roaming/.minecraft/Saves/thegameyouareplaying.
(4) Inside that saved game folder, if you have never used any Custom Recipes before, you will need to create new folder named: datapacks.
(5) Open the datapacks folder.
(6) COPY the MyDataPack folder that you unzipped and put into the safe place. Then PASTE it inside the new datapacks folder that you just created.
(7) Close your Saves folder. That's all you need to do except to start up your game, go into the map, and craft an Elytra out of 7 Phantom Membranes and a Feather. :-) Here's how the recipe looks (it may or may not show up in your recipe book...it doesn't in mine, and I have no idea how to make that happen):

Elytra-FromPhantomMembranesAndFeather.png
Elytra-FromPhantomMembranesAndFeather.png (10.09 KiB) Viewed 38 times
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

GGG--Minecraft 1.13 Tutorials--BONUS Custom Recipe

Postby lindawing » September 12th, 2018, 8:47 am

BONUS: New Recipe to Add to "My Custom Recipes" datapack...

Diamonds--from Coal Blocks and Anvil:
Diamond-FromCoalBlocksAndAnvil.png
Diamond-FromCoalBlocksAndAnvil.png (10.26 KiB) Viewed 29 times

Download the .json file (it's zipped...you'll have to unzip it to use it):
diamond.zip
(313 Bytes) Downloaded 2 times

If you'd like to have the Elytra file for your own datapack (not the one created by me, above), you can download just the .json file for it here, as well:
elytra.zip
(316 Bytes) Downloaded 1 time

To use either or both of these, you just have to put them into the "recipes" folder that you are using for your own "datapack" (see the directions in the first post in this topic, to see where that is located, or how to get mine into your game files).

Remember, a datapack has to go into your current game/map SAVE file, in order to make it work. So be sure to keep a copy of any new recipes somewhere safe, so you can use them over and over again, in other games/maps.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

GGG--Minecraft 1.13 Tutorials--Hidden Chests

Postby lindawing » September 19th, 2018, 11:57 am

lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Return to LL--Minecraft